Chapter 28 - Life Saver

(Taylor's P.O.V)

I laugh at what Marissa said, then I look down at my beeping Pager.

It's a call for my to go to the Emergency room. I wave at her and run to the E.R.

"What's up?" I say, fixing my hair.

"We have a young women coming in. Just got in a huge accident. We might need you." Said Dr.Fisher.

"Okay." I say, putting on yellow scrub body cover.

I follow Fisher outside, to the rumble of a speeding ambulance and it's incredibly loud siren.

I pull on gloves, as the ambulance pulls up. Fisher and I run to the back doors of the ambulance, as they burst open with a paramedic coming out with the young women on a stretcher.

"17 years old. I believe head trauma. Broken bones." Said the paramedic, wheeling her into the hospital.

I nod, and give him a thumbs up to leave.

"Okay thanks." I say, standing back so the nurses can get her stable.

The paramedic gives me a smile and walks away.

I walk to her and look at her face. God I know her face.

"Do we know her name?" I ask, looking at her head.

"Sierra LightWood." Yelled Marissa, moving out of my way.

The name sends my mind through a tornado. Zayn... Liam.. FUCK.

"Sierra is pregnant. Get an ultrasound!" I say, taking scissors and ripping her t-shirt..

I remove her t-shirt exposing her slightly bulging stomach.

The nurse pushes me out of the way, to get to the stomach.

--

"The baby is in critical condition, like her. " Said the nurse, pulling away the ultrasound.

I nod, taking in the information.

"SHE NEEDS SURGERY NOW. Let's move! When she's in surgery someone get a hold of her family or closest friend!" I say, moving the gurney down the hallway.

I scrub my hands as the nurses get Sierra prepared for surgery. I put on a new pair of gloves, and a hair cap and body gown.

I slice open her scalp. Drill out the part of her skull.

---

Surgery was going fine. I clot the bleeding from the frontal lobe.

"Doctor Kendal! The baby's heart rate is falling!" Screamed the nurse.

I stop the bleeding from the right part of the brain. I look at the baby's heart rate monitor.

"Still low. Dropping." I murmur, scrambling with my hands.

The moment I look back up the babies heart rate is gone. Dead.

"DOCTOR NO HEART RATE IS GONE." Yelled another nurse.

"I know. I know. Let me finish on her." I say, waving them away and turning my attention back on Sierra.

---

I close up Sierra's scalp. They wheel her into I.C.U.

I walk into the room where you wash you hands. I take off my hair cap and throw in across the room in anger. I put my heads in my hands.

"I lost the fucking baby.." I murmur.

I pull myself together knowing what I will have to face. Zayn.