Kindness.

I've never been a kind and nice person, I've never had people to be kind to, it was form an alliance or kill. I didn't have time nor the emotions to be kind. You either got on with me or you hated me, pick your poison. The phrase 'kill them with kindness' always confused me. How can you kill someone with being kind? Give them enough chocolate bars I suppose they'll die of obesity...

I had to be kind and offer a good 'customer service' what the hell is that? Maria described it as being nice to people and smiling. Wow. What if I imagined I was killing the customer? That would make me smile.
"That's £5.60 please." Lola said smiling at the customer, she had a knack for people, perfect grifter. I was on stocking shelves and helping people find cat food or postcards. I felt a small tap on my arm, I internally groaned and faced the person. Or rather looked down. I saw a young boy, ginger, greeny-blue eyes and he had a comic book in his hand.
"What?" I asked feeling scared by a 6 year old, I hate kids, they terrify me!
"Mummy said to ask where the post box was." He said.
"Over there." I pointed to the box next to Lola.
"I need an envelope, stamp and can you write on the address."
"Ask the till woman."
"But she looks scary."
"Listen kid-"
"Nice." Maria barked.
"Fine." I grumbled throwing a chocolate bar at the kid. "On the house, who am I sending it to?" He handed me a note and I sent the stupid comic book and letter. Kindness is going to kill me before it kills anyone else! I hate being kind! Especially to small, smelly, messy kids who scare me!

I was walking along the streets, too many people, tourists, day trippers, people living here and way too many people to see me and possibly report to one of the many people I have pissed off.
"So, do you like it here?" My bubbly, annoying sister, Lola asked as she came out of some small shop.
"No." I replied, simple one word answer.
"I love it here."
"You would."
"Look, I'm off the drugs, no more drink and I'm talking to this guy who is super cute and my days, I can't even-"
"Would you like a Starbucks with that?"
"Ryder, one day you'll meet a guy that isn't crazy or after you or in some way freaky."
"Look, I'm not a virgin so I can happily die and go to hell."
"Why are you so sinister?"
"Do you think I'd be all rainbows and bloody unicorns after all what I've done?"
"Do you regret it?"
"No."
"Well, maybe you should have killed them with kindness."
"A baseball bats more effective." She smiled and laughed a little.
"One day you'll understand what killing with kindness means."
"Yeah, and until that day, I will use a baseball bat."
"And get arrested, this place is always crawling with police, CCTV, security and snitches."
"Snitches get stitches."
"Ryder, Lola!" Frank yelled running over to the two of us.
"What?" I growled.
"You both need to leave, Damien is pissed and he's not stopping until Ryder is dead and he wants Lola as a trophy."
"Let's go." I said pulling Lola's arm and running back to the shop, I froze to see Damien all beaten, skinny and blooded holding a knife to Maria's neck.
"Brent unfortunately died, along with Tom, now princess, two options, come with me or your dearest mother dies."
"Fuck you Damien, fuck you."
"Language."
"English."
"Decision time."

What do I do? Go with the psychopath or let him kill Maria?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello!

So, I'm aiming to have two updates up by Tuesday maybe even today, I'm not sure.

Hope you liked it, a lot of speaking in that and not much action apart from Damien being his usual prick self, oops, slagging off my own character......

Anyway, vote, comment, follow for a follow back etc....

Bye for now!

-Parker