Sold your soul

I decided to go visit my parents in the south west of England, they were in Cornwall, running a shop to seem normal despite them being thieves and assassins.

I walked into the shop, Maria looked up and smiled.
"Hi." I chirped.
"Ryder! Hello." She smiled running over and hugging me, I tensed up but managed to hug back.
"Oh hey sis." Lola said walking over, wow, she had put weight on and didn't look as drugged up as she use to.

How long had I been gone?

"It's been 4 months Ryder! Where have you been?" My dad, frank yelled as I walked upstairs into the upstairs flat.
"Oh you know, Scotland, Italy, Germany, got a job, I didn't think I had been gone that long." I said shrugging. Wow, time flies by when you're jumping off of buildings.
"Spare room is yours, decorate it how you want." Maria said smiling and placing a hand on franks shoulder to calm him down.
"Well, I have a job." I said dumping my bag down in the spare room which had a wardrobe, bed and TV.
"Oh yeah? You have one, it's just you're not quite getting paid for it." Frank spat.
"Well this one I am."
"Who to?"
"Harry."
"50 year old?"
"Roughly yeah, wife is Melissa?"
"Ryder Jamie Jone! You're an idiot!"
"Why? He seems decent enough."
"Christ! You've basically sold your soul, you dickhead!"
"Well I'll just say I'm no longer interested."
"And you'll be killed, okay, I'll go with you, your interview will be to steal something and then we take him out, you'll have a hit on your head forever but it's better than him being in play."
"I always have hits on my head, I have more bounties than I have hairs on my body."
"Well sweetheart, get used to it, now I'll see what I can do to get you out of your contract with him."
"I'm sorry."
"Whatever." He stormed off.
"Frank." Maria called after him.
"And this is why we shouldn't have faked our deaths." He grumbled.
"I'm sorry, he lost a good friend because of Harry and now he may loose his daughter." Maria explained.
"Look, we take him out and so what if I have guys after me? I had the FBI after me 4 months ago." I said shrugging.
"And they still are."
"What happened to Damien?" Frank asked.
"I kinda tortured him, that reminds me, I need to ring tom and Brent to pick him up and dump him somewhere." I admitted.
"You do that princess."
"What else do you want me to do? Get a time machine! I ain't perfect and you know that, oh wait you wouldn't because you haven't been there 23 years of my life!"
"Ryder!" Maria yelled.
"Maria!" I yelled back to receive a stinging cheek. I looked at her, shock evident in my eyes.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I have a temper and you two arguing it just-" she hugged me and put a hand on my cheek. I winced and pulled away.
"I'll be back later." I muttered and walked away.

I rang Brent.
"What's up?" Brent answered.
"Hello to you too, Damien, Italy, trace my phone." I simply said then hung up, he knew what I meant.

Had I really sold my soul by saying yes to a job? Oh well, looks like I'll be going to hell sooner than planned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A lot of dialect and no action! Sorry!

So yeah, updating again soon!

New account coming up after this book which only select people will know about.

And that's it! Vote, comment, share with friends.

-Parker