Leads

Y/N's POV:

Back to the Avengers' life about a week after that babysitting night. I just called Bill and he's coming over to help us start my HYDRA case.

Nat and I figured we shouldn't burden the rest of the team with this, we're already dealing with pretty worrying stuff at work. Such as finding out Rumlow is still alive, so we won't add my problems to the mix.

Someone knocks at our door less than half an hour after my call. "I'll get it!" I say, putting my knife down as Nat continues cutting cucumbers.

I open the door and am instantly squeezed into my old partner's arms. "Kiddo!" He practically shouts, while entering. "We miss you at work, I've already told you that, huh?" He adds, now at a lower volume as he lets go of me.

"You did, bud. But don't worry, I'm happy to see you too." I reassure, patting his shoulder. "Come in. Nat's helping with the supper, we'll fill you in on everything you need to know." I explain, walking him to our kitchen.

He's been here about a hundred times now and knows his way around, but it doesn't matter.

"Hey Turner."

"Hi Romanoff." Bill's smile completely fades as we arrive in the kitchen.

I knew this would happen.

"We're eating salad? Is this some kind of joke Anderson?"

"Yes we are, Bill." I reply dryly.

He scoffs. "We-"

"Can one of you tell me what's wrong with salad?" Nat asks, unable to keep up.

"Captain Bill Turner can't eat healthily to save his freaking life!" I answer simply.

Said man rolls his eyes. "I just think salads are for lame lesbians." He counters, the both of us glaring his way.

Who even says that?

"I thought we had gotten over those plain stupid comments." I complain, crossing my arms.

"We had. Until you gave me salad as a meal. Again." He grumbles like a teen who just got scolded.

"Will you shut up, you literally love my salads!"I answer, shoving him a bit.

He clears his throat loudly. "Anyways, Natasha! How have you been? How's the new girl's training going? Wy-Wan-Wanda!" The police Captain moves on, to make conversation.

"Oh don't mind me, I was enjoying the show. Go on." The magnificent woman answers smirking, eating a piece of the veggie she was previously cutting as she leaves the rest in the bowl.

Soon, the conversation calms down and a long résumé of all we know about my past is explained in details to Turner. The kidnapping, the nightmares, powers, HYDRA, all of it.

"Damn." The man whispers, eating the very last bit of his refill of salad. "So the plan is to find who traumatized you." He sums up.

I nod. "I think we should start with Alexandra Fritz. Her sister seemed to say she knew a lot about me." I suggest as we all stand with our plates and drop them in the sink.

"I agree. You 2 know more about HYDRA than I do, but if we try to pin point her location at the time you were missing, we could link associates."

"On it." Nat replies, grabbing her laptop and installing herself on the couch to start her researches.

"My other lead will not enchant you, though." The older guy says, and I can feel it. He is not thrilled by what he's about to say at all.

He is repulsive to the idea even.