Give Us a Chance?

Nat's POV:

We're on our way to the hospital and I need to tell Y/N that her HYDRA file just went viral along with all S.H.I.E.L.D.'s infos. I also need to tell her that I'm on the run from now on. All of my identities have been revealed, therefore, all of my enemies know my location.

Though, the best would probably be to tell her all of that in private which isn't possible here. Plus she's been avoiding eye contact with Sam and I for the whole ride, mostly Sam actually. I wonder what that's about.

We land on the helipad, people already there, prepared to take care of Rogers. Nick must've made the call while we retrieved him.

Sam and Y/N get down the helicopter, they briefly hug each other, but Sam pulls out frowning. They speak, but I don't put effort in eavesdropping with the palms of the engine still rotating.

Once their little talk seems finished I speak up. "Tell Rogers we're sorry, we're not there when he wakes up." The man frowns once again.

"You're not coming?" I shake my head and Y/N hops back on the machine without further explanation. "Alright, can I have a hug then?" He asks extending his arms.

"A handshake is all you'll get, Wilson." I answer extending my hand.

"Then I'll take it." He chooses with no hesitation, firmly holding onto my hand. "It has been a pleasure to meet the women of the Avengers."

"See you soon!" Y/N says and I hope for just that.

Back with only the 3 of us, Fury asks us where we want to go and wait for all the fuss we created to calm down.

"New York City." The other woman instantly answers, guilt slightly reaching my heart with her words and she must've felt it because she speaks up. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"There's something you don't know..." Her face is sweet, attentive to my next words like she's ready for anything. "If you follow me and even if you don't, we're on the run. Revealing all those files included ours and that means exposing our location to our enemy. I also know you don't remember having enemies, but they remember y-"

She gently puts her index on my lips, her other hand soothing me with gentle circles of her thumb over my hand. When I look up to her features, I see that cute smile of hers, almost convincing me everything's going to be fine right away. "Tasha, it's okay. I already knew all of that." She tries to calm me down.

"No, you don't und- Wait you knew?" I catch on a bit late.

"The second I left New York with you and Steve, I knew I'd probably lose my job and the safety I was in. I also caught on what revealing HYDRA and S.H.I.E.L.D.'a secrets meant." She explains. "But we need to go to New York so I can help with the whole police mess happening." The woman I like so much continues like it's no big deal.

"Romanoff! We're going to New York or not?" Our driver asks.

"Y-Yeah!" I answer Nick, making Y/N smile. "But why did you come with us then?" I question a bit confused, doing that was a stupid move if she already knew all of that.

"I had made a deal with someone, didn't I?" She answers softly, looking at me with some sort of hope. "So, Natasha Romanoff," She starts formally, taking my hands in hers and putting a freaking knee down on the helicopter's floor. "Will you give me a second chance? Actually, will you give Us a chance?"

I swear sometimes I ask myself how did I end up lo-liking this goof of a cute cop. "Yes. Of course, yes."

Her eyes light up with my answer, like she's been waiting for this moment for years and... I guess we both did. "Ca-Can I kiss you now? 'Cause I've been waiting to be able to do that for quite a while now."