Reconstruction

Y/N's POV:

Everything happened so fast. Once back on the helicarrier, Clint and I were trying to comfort Wanda as best as we could. Even though we both knew -Clint better than anyone- that nothing lessens the pain when you lose your brother.

Meanwhile Nat was supposed to get Hulk back into Bruce, but the big guy hung up on her, meaning we don't have any way to find him.

Once back at the tower, the party floor and lab floor were just as ruined as when we left, which I had kind of forgotten. So Tony announced we were changing compound and that's the moment Barton chose to tell us all he'd retire for a while to be with his finally. Nathaniel can arrive any minute now.

We had Pietro's funeral careful to respect the Sokovian traditions Wanda explained to us.

Then the Avengers moved in a new working space and Nat and I moved back in my old place. We still work at the compound practically everyday, but choose to separate life and work a little more, cherish the time we have together a little better.

Now, I gently knock on Wanda's door, but get no answer, Nat had told me she wouldn't answer so it's not much of a surprise when she indeed doesn't reply.

The poor girl only got out of there for her brother's funeral and sent back in right after. No one's blaming her for dealing with all these happened to her that way, we're just worried.

"Hey Wanda, we're doing a small something for Clint before he leaves, you're free to join. It's alright if you don't, I'll just tell Clint to pass by in case you want a moment with him." I wait a second, but don't get any answer, so I join everyone else.

The night's fun, everyone is having a good time. I think the nights with the Avengers are the best ones I've ever had, even more now that the team's getting bigger. Wanda, Sam, Rhodey, Vision, Fury and Hill, they're all with us now.

"Alright, I got a question for you guys," Rhodey softly interrupts everyone, he's a bit drunk. We've been debating a few simple questions for a while now. Fun anecdotes were discovered. "Who's the best singer?"

"Of course 't is I." Thor claims deeply, like he's out of a damn musical, making all of us laugh.

The laughter slowly fades and Maria's the one to speak after a sip of her beer. "Seriously though, isn't Rogers the logical answer? He theoretically has the best voice out of us all." Good point.

The short haired blondie scoffs. "I can do a lot of things, but I'm a horrible singer." He replies.

After that, we all start looking at each other suspiciously to find out who's the best singer in here.

Meanwhile, I lean closer to my girlfriend's ear. "You should stun 'em all with that voice of yours." I suggest. Nat doesn't sing often, but when she does... Damn there's no sound better than that.

She shakes her head disapprovingly. "You're the only one who gets to hear that." She whispers back. "But I'm curious, I've never heard you before." She adds pushing me off the couch, all eyes snapping to me.

I send a death glare her way and she mouths 'I love you' with that smirk of hers.

"Anderson? Think you can beat thunder boy?" Sam says curiously.

"Well someone has to break the ice, right?" I can't believe Tony didn't bring a mic or a karaoke machine in this place" as I say these words, the billionaire lets go of his partner's hand and comes back with a mic.

"What song?"

"'Angel' by Shaggy." A second later, Stark's phone projects the lyrics in the air. Bill once told me I wasn't that bad or something. Let's hope it was true. "This one's for you, darling no." I say, winking her way as the song starts.