Chapter 35: Invasion

THE NOVEL AND COVER BELONGS TO THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR ***********************************************************************************************

He Qingge finally felt at ease after returning to the Tian Xuan Sect.

The tension and fatigue from the journey had dissipated quite a bit.

He used a spirit coin to pay for the horse with the demonic beast bloodline he had rented previously.

They were not surprised. Countless people had lost such horses outside. They were not valuable items and were not spirit beasts.

Moreover, it was even better that he lost it. How much money could they get from renting it?

After that, he went to the Tian Xuan Sect's Merit Room to hand over the mission.

The disciple who received He Qingge in the Merit Room looked a little surprised.

It was the person who had given He Qingge the mission.

He did not expect He Qingge to come back alive. It was indeed beyond his expectations.

The Tian Xuan Sect forbade disciples from killing each other, but this rule was only effective in the Tian Xuan Sect.

Zhang Jianchi sent He Qingge out on a mission, which meant that he wanted to kill He Qingge. However, he failed and allowed He Qingge to return alive.

The disciple of the Merit Room carefully sized up He Qingge and found that his cultivation had not changed much. He was still at the fifth level of Qi Refinement, but his aura was more condensed, and his body was emitting a faint murderous aura.

It gave people a vague sense of pressure.

His aura had undergone an earth-shattering change.

He Qingge was like a pure white lamb before he left the Tian Xuan Sect. Now, he looked like a wolf after its bloodlust.

"Alright, I'll record it. If there's no problem, we'll settle the accounts at the end of the month.

"Right, my name is Li Cong. You can look for me for your next mission."

Li Cong, the disciple of the Merit Room, took the initiative to show his goodwill.

No matter what the reason was, He Qingge was able to escape from Zhang Jianchi, which meant that he was a capable person worth befriending.

"Thank you, then. I'll have to trouble you to take care of me in the future, fellow Daoist." He Qingge cupped his hands after hearing this, his expression indifferent.

He took out a low-grade spirit stone and placed it on the table.

Calling Li Cong 'fellow Daoist' was actually a bit of an exaggeration. His current strength was only at the fifth level of the Qi Refinement Realm.

However, the mission this time had given him a lot of bloodlust. He even killed those at the peak of the Qi Refinement Realm.

Many mid-stage and late-stage Qi Refinement Realm cultivators had died in his hands, so he suddenly became bold.

Li Cong looked at He Qingge in surprise. He had changed so much after just one mission.

In the past, when he came to the Merit Room to ask for a mission, although his expression was very calm, and indifferent, one could still see the fear in his eyes.

He was confident, but not confident enough.

The situation was completely different now, and his attitude toward He Qingge had increased by another level.