Chapter 21: An Unexpected Joy

THE NOVEL AND COVER BELONGS TO THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR ***********************************************************************************************

He Qingge had been staring at the blood-colored lotus throne in the middle and the red-robed woman sitting cross-legged on it.

During the time he was locked up, He Qingge could often hear the miserable cries of the woman in the middle, Wan Wan. Every time, her face would be distorted, and her originally beautiful face would become extremely contorted.

It made people shudder after seeing it.

If he wanted to escape, he might need her help.

However, her body was bound by thick chains. They did not look like they were made out of ordinary iron, and there were inexplicable patterns on the chains.

As expected, the chains should be a magic tool.

Although He Qingge was also tied up, he did not receive such treatment. He was only bound by ordinary chains, and there were some talismans to seal the spiritual power in He Qingge's body.

Otherwise, with so many people here, how many magic tools would the other party need?

After Zhu Zheng left, the Sound-Gathering Butterfly successfully came to He Qingge's side and carefully destroyed the talismans on He Qingge's body.

No one noticed the whole process. They had been locked up here for more than ten days. At first, they were still focused on escaping, but after such a long time, they lost all hope.

In such an environment, one's mind would be under great pressure. After the mental tension, they were seriously exhausted.

In addition, the spiritual power in their bodies was sealed, so they could not use it to nourish their bodies and minds.

He Qingge felt the fluctuation of spiritual power in his body and was overjoyed. Fortunately, the Sound-Gathering Butterfly did not follow him that day.

He Qingge still did not move and did not immediately break free from the chains.

He used Hearing to observe his current location and the environment outside.

Soon, the map of his current location and the temple appeared in his mind.

Just like the 3D model detected by radars, it was quite powerful.

He found that the entire temple was quite remote. It was located in a remote corner of Beacon City. There were not many people guarding it, only five people in total.

The five of them were just ordinary people, and their physical fitness was even weaker than ordinary people. It was as if their Qi was about to be sucked dry.

Zhu Zheng, who had brought him here, was not around. If he wanted to escape, now was definitely the best opportunity.

The problem was that the array covered the entire city. Even if he left the temple, he might not be able to leave the city. There was not much difference between escaping and not escaping.

It would only affect whether he died sooner or later. If he fled now, he might die even sooner.

He Qingge could clearly sense the powerful fluctuations coming from the woman in red in the middle of the room.

It far exceeded the Golden Jade White Tiger that he raised among his spirit beasts. One had to know that the Golden Jade White Tiger was at the peak of the Qi Refinement Realm. One more step and it would be the Foundation Establishment realm.

However, it had been stuck at this step for decades.

The cultivation of this red-dressed woman in front of him was very likely to have already reached the Foundation Establishment Realm.