Chapter 20: Crisis

THE NOVEL AND COVER BELONGS TO THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR ***********************************************************************************************

A long time passed, but He Qingge did not feel happy at all. Instead, he became more and more serious. If he could not escape, it meant that the danger had not been resolved.

The thought of continuing to cultivate had also faded a lot, especially when the Qi in his body was being absorbed.

Opening the window, He Qingge's heart sank as he saw the crowd's expressions getting uglier by the day.

However, he was helpless now.

The Sound-Gathering Butterfly on He Qingge's shoulder could feel He Qingge's emotional instability and anxiety. It gently flapped its wings to comfort him.

He Qingge smiled and asked the Sound-Gathering Butterfly to go outside to investigate. He had been in seclusion for so many days. It was not that he was not observing the outside world. The Sound-Gathering Butterfly was his ears and eyes.

In the evening, the sun was setting, and it was red, like a shy girl's face.

He Qingge sighed. "The setting sun is infinitely beautiful, but it's close to dusk."

At this moment, a young man looked in He Qingge's direction. His lips were red, and his teeth were white. His face was as white as snow, and he was wearing a black robe with golden patterns.

He Qingge could not feel his aura. The body of the Sound-Gathering Butterfly trembled, and it let out a warning cry.

Zhu Zheng smiled at He Qingge. "I didn't expect you to be so self-aware."

He Qingge felt a chill run down his spine. He felt as if he had been seen through, especially from the man's words.

"Who are you?" He Qingge asked in a low voice.

"Who am I? You don't need to know too much. Come with me." Zhu Zheng's tone left no room for negotiation.

He Qingge's first reaction was to refuse, but the strong pressure made him lower his head.

He could only walk over and activate the Vajra Talisman, the Divine Strider Talisman, and the Body Lifting Talisman on his body. He was ready to escape at any time.

However, as soon as he got close to Zhu Zheng, a punch landed on his stomach. Before he could even react, the Vajra Talisman shattered. He Qingge spat out a mouthful of blood, and his body convulsed on the ground as if it had been hit by a heavy hammer.

With just one punch, He Qingge lost the ability to resist.

"These things are useless."

He Qingge fainted after hearing that.

When he woke up, he realized that he was trapped in a corner of an unknown array. He was surprised to see the figure beside him.

Zhang Jianchi...

He had specially collected information on the Zhang brothers, so he recognized Zhang Jianchi at a glance.

Other than that, there was someone trapped in every corner of the circle.

He circulated the spiritual power in his body and found that he could not move his body, nor could he use his spiritual power.

Looking at the center of the array, there was a huge blood-red lotus throne. In the middle of it sat a woman. She was dressed in a red wedding dress, and the atmosphere was quite strange.

However, the red wedding dress made He Qingge's pupils shrink. It was exactly the same as in his dream, except that the woman's face could not be seen.

Just as he was about to speak, his mouth could not move. It was as if he had been immobilized. His heart instantly sank to the bottom. It was over. He had lived carefully for more than 20 years, but he did not expect to die in the end.