Ghost X Reader: He is your undercover husband (18+)

Story has some Spanish in it and my Spanish is rusty. Forgive me in advance love yall x.

TW: VOYEURISM

___

You had a talent for keeping up a façade.

Weaving yourself through the aristocratic crowd with ease, flashing toothy smiles, fluid conversation. It was a talent. One that came in handy.

It was no surprise when Price stuck you in a tight dress and shipped you overseas.

Ghost's arm tensed under your grip when you carefully laced your arm through his on your way out of the manor. The summer sun had long set beyond the horizon, taking the warmth and spreading a chill over the obnoxiously large garden.

Cars costing more than you'd ever made in your entire life stood waiting at the front, picking up guests one by one as sharply dressed servants opened cardoor after cardoor.

You smiled again and waved goodbye to your target.

It had been a busy night. The charity was hosted bi-annually, and Price had gotten you and Ghost in for the summer edition. The manor filled to the brink with criminal kingpins, it almost felt like Christmas for someone like you.

You were an information hub.

Price sent you to all the corners of the world so you could weasel yourself inside circles, gather trust and intelligence, then pull out as soon as shit got messy.

This time, that moment would not be coming anytime soon.

The target you were shadowing had great influence across multiple Spanish cities. Your task was to get involved in their business ring, with a faux offer to gain credibility. So far, this evening had gone splendidly.

Due to the high security risk, Price had sent reinforcements. Although, you called it a bodyguard. Ghost looked ahead stoicly as you ducked your head and stepped into the car arranged for you.

He was meant to be your husband. He acted like a soldier.

You shot him a look when he got in the backseat beside you.

The driver regarded you through his backview mirror and you smiled back at him. You smiled as you told him the streetname smoothly in Spanish.

Annoyance was already crashing through your insides. Ghost didn't speak Spanish, so you'd had to cover for him by making up a story on the go on how you met at an international event and had been inseparable since.

Ghost didn't say much. He simply kept his hand loosely around your waist and smiled stiffly when the conversation required it of him.

Beside you, his knee bounced incessantly.

You placed your hand on his leg and he instantly stilled under your touch. Tension spiked in the air.

You rolled your jaw and swallowed your annoyance down. The driver engaged you in small talk, and you replied to his questions with ease.

Your target had connections everywhere in Barcelona. As long as you and Ghost were stationed there, you had to make sure there were no cracks. No faltering. You and him were a married couple, and it had to look convincing. A lot more convincing than what he was putting up right now.

It didn't take long for the car to come to a halt and you waited until Ghost had exited the car and held open the door for you. You smiled kindly at him as you stepped out, which he pointedly avoided, then headed towards the driver and handed him the cash.