T H I R T Y F I V E

"why?" she asked staring right into his eyes.

His brows knitted together in confusion.

"huh?"

"why are you doing this jungkook? helping me every single time, listening to me, comforting me and every thing you do but why? even when I was crying in the middle of the road, why did you help me? knowing that there's no connection between us , knowing that there'll be nothing which will make any good to you but you did you always do. just why?" warm tears rolling down her cheeks.

Gazing at her eyes, his heart clenched with unknown pain. He knew that it's not the first time he was feeling like this, he has felt before but unlike the other times it ache more. He thought maybe he was just behaving like a fanboy but the friendship he has developed with her made it worse.

He took steps forward and stood in front of her with a close distance. His fingers gently caressed her cheeks and wiped the tears.

"I myself don't know why I'm doing all these, I'm just following my heart. and maybe this is what my heart wants." he said softly looking at her moist eyes before joining their foreheads.

He closed his eyes so as her. They stood there for a minute. His hand was placed on her cheeks caressing. The overwhelming feeling didn't let her back away. Maybe she needed this a lot.

Craving for love knowing that a lot of people love her, as a friend, as an inspiration, as a daughter, as a sister and what not. But were these enough? yes these were but sometimes we need that special person right? no matter how much she wants to back away she couldn't. The need to feel to be loved by a special person, her person didn't.

A sob left her mouth and jungkook opened his eyes quickly. He backed away immediately.

"I-I'm sorry y/n i-" she sobbed hard, her shoulders were shaking and more tears rolled down her cheeks made jungkook panicked.

"y/n. I'm sorry if I did something wrong. I'm so sorry but don't cry like this please" the ache in his heart grew more and more.

He held her shoulders and made her look up.
"what's wrong y/n?" he asked softly wiping her tears.

She wiped her tears and took a deep breath before speaking.

"nothing. I was just- " She sighed before speaking again. "I was emotional." she flashed a small smile to him telling him that she's okay.

But how could jungkook believe when he could clearly see that she wasn't okay. Not at all.

Not wanting to force her he nodded and bit his lip.

"umm.. I am-" her phone rang and she broke the eye contact before taking her phone from her pocket.

She looked at the caller id with a frown. It was 9pm and Jack never calls at this time. Then what happened today?

Without thinking anything else she received the call.

"hello" she spoke. Her eyes met with Jungkook's who was looking at her with his big doe eyes.

"wh-what?" her eyes widened and her voice cracked. Jungkook looked at her worried. "is everything okay?" he mouthed and she nodded.

"okay then. good night" she hung up the call and threw her phone on the couch with a sigh.

"what happened? is everything okay?" he asked softly.

"hmm.. I forgot that my meeting is tomorrow and I was thinking today is Wednesday. but it's Thursday. ughhhh"

"So you have to attend the meeting tomorrow? y/n you're not well."

"hmm I know but I'm not attending tomorrow's meeting."