Chapter Twelve: Tell Me Why

The next five minutes were pretty mundane. I looked up an antonym of fun on my phone. Apparently unfun is a word.  

Martha asked, again, what was happening. At first no one did anything, then Branden said something, Benjamin added a few things, and Alex denied like, everything.

Martha somehow managed to understand the basics of what happened, because she hushed everyone, thanked them, then pulled me to my room. She probably wanted my side of the story.

When my door was closed, I started talking. "Branden showed up while I wa-"

"That's not was I was going to ask."

I was taken aback. "Then wh-"

"I was going to ask which one you wanted gone." This cutting off thing better not become habit.

"Branden. Obviously."

"Are you sure?"

What kind of question even was that? Branden was causing the most havoc in my life right now, so, yeah, I'm pretty sure he's the one I want gone.  "I think I'm sure."

"Have you tried talking to Branden since you two broke up?"

"Yes. And this pass time he tried kissing me." Kissing is such an awkward word. I think I'm going to try and find another word when I get the chance.

"Did you guys actually talk, or were you yelling at each other."

"Well, it- I" I hung my head. "we were yelling a each other." I felt like a little kid admitting I stole cookies. 

"I want you to stay in here. I'm going to go get Branden. You two are going to sit in here and talk." Sure, Mom. That's exactly what I'll do.

I looked around the room. My room. My bedroom.

I quickly stood up from the bed and pressed myself against the wall. I did not want to be alone in a bedroom with Branden. I did not want to be alone with Branden period.

Martha no doubt notice my frantic move, because she stood up and came over to me, putting her hands on my shoulders. I thought she was going to shake some sense into me or something like that, but she didn't. "If he does anything like that, scream. I wont hesitate to let the other two in. In fact, I'll be leading them." She smiled kindly and walked out of the room.

I must be overreacting. We were just going to sit and talk. In my bedroom, on my bed.

I decided I would stand as we spoke. He could sit on the bed if he'd like, but I wasn't going near there. Not with him in the room.