Chapter Nine: Everything Has Changed

The boys were silent- all three of them- long after I had finished thinking. I tried thinking of more things, but thinking is boring. After another moment of silence, giving someone a chance to say something, I gave up. I cleared my throat and stood, quietly telling anyone who was listening that I was going to my room and I would be right back. No one looked at me, much less said anything. Tough crowd.

I walked soundlessly to my room, extremely glad I hadn't worn heels tonight. I don't think I would have been able to handle the clicking in the dead silence of the flat.

I slowly opened and closed the door to my room and sat at the vanity right next to my bed. My make-up was completely ruined, but I didn't attempt to fix it. I knew for sure we weren't going anywhere tonight.

I had successfully cleaned off 90% of my make up when my cat jumped up on my lap. I almost screamed. I may or may not have forgotten I owned a cat and that he liked to sleep in my room. Buki picked the perfect time to seek attention, because petting a cat was the only thing that could calm me down. Well, that and sleeping. Sleeping solved every problem.

After ten minutes or so, Buki got bored and requested to be let out into the rest of the flat. We walked out together, with synchronized steps and everything. Buki jumped on Alex- who was whispering something to Benjamin- while I went to the kitchen. I enjoyed being in th- HOLD ON.

I twirled to look at Benjamin and Alex- the skirt of my dress making a bubble kind of thing that probably looked super adorable- and instantly became confused. My boyfriend and my brother whispering to each other. Not yelling. Not punching. Not sitting on opposite sides of the room. Sitting right in front of each other, whispering quietly enough so only they could hear. I'd never thought I'd live to see the day.

Branden was still sitting on the floor, comfortably leaning against the counter. He tried smiling at me, but I scared it off immediately. I was not in the mood to smile.

I wanted to know what Benjamin and Alex were talking about, but I didn't plan on walking over there and joining the conversation. I wanted this alliance to last as long as possible. I turned back to the kitchen and started pulling together the stuff to make tea. Tea helped with a lot of things also.