chapter 17- that was... interesting

I was currently sitting crosslegged on the sofa in the living room. My laptop was resting on top of my legs as I typed away at the keys. I had meant to write in my journal a few hours ago, but I got distracted by YouTube and twitter. So I figured that I probably should start writing for today. Mitch had informed me that he was going to record a cube and if I needed anything, that I should let him know. Ella was sitting by me earlier, she was watching some cartoon and we had talked a bit. But she excused herself to go upstairs so she could practice her dance. So I was alone, writing about my day as I listened to Pandora through my headphones. As I was just about to write about my awkward experience at lunch today, I felt a pair of hands grab my sides.

I screamed and practically threw my laptop onto the couch as I jumped up. I turned around to see Brayden bent over laughing. "Oh my god Brayden! Don't do that ever again! I almost died!" I placed my hand over my chest to feel my heart, which was now beating faster thanks to my almost heart attack I just had.

"That, that was priceless! I wish I was blogging that! I could've added it to my jumpscare video." He continued laughing at my misfortune as Mitch and Ella ran down the stairs.

"Bek! Are you okay? Are you hurt? I heard you scream what happened?!" Mitch asked frantically as he ran to me and started checking my face and arms for any brusies or injuries. I put my hands on his and moved them away.

"Mitch, I'm fine. I'm not hurt, I promise. I just wasn't expecting Brayden to come up behind me and scare the life out of me!" I gestured to Brayden who had stopped laughing, but was now leaning against the couch.

"Hey Mitch." He smiled at him as if he did nothing wrong

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. Brayden said that he was going to come by after practice." Mitch said sheepishly as Ella realized that I wasn't in danger, and left to go back upstairs.

"Well, gee thanks for letting me know Mitch. It's not like I just had a heart attack or anything." I rolled my eyes and sat back down on the couch, collecting my laptop and my headphones from the other end where I had thrown them. I paused Pandora and unplugged my headphones as I continued typing.

"Well, I'm going to finish recording my episode, I'll meet you guys down here when I finish editing." Mitch smiled and went back upstairs

"I hate you now." I told Brayden as I wrote about Austin's flirting towards me.

He plopped himself next to me and put an arm around my shoulders "Aw Bek, I love you too. So what did you do today?" Be asked as he tried to read what I was writing about. "Who's Austin?"

I shrugged "Some waiter that was trying to hit on me today while Mitch and I had lunch, you might know him. Apparently he graduated with you guys."

Brayden laughed "He was trying to hit on you?" I nodded "And how did Mitch take it?'

I gave him a confused look. What did Mitch have to do with this? "Well I guess he was annoyed. But so was I, he wouldn't leave us alone. He came up to us every five minutes." Brayden smiled at me and nodded "Okay, stop. Now you're being creepy."

"I'm not creepy, I'm just aware to my surroundings. Unlike some people, I'm not oblivious." He patted my head

"And what's that supposed to mean?" I asked "Stop being confusing! If you want to tell me something then say it! Don't beat around the bush."

"Awe Bek. Sweet, innocent, young, oblivious, nieve Bek. If only you would just open your eyes." He smiled

"Okay and what is that supposed to mean? Why are you being all suspicious and confusing?"