chapter 8- crayons, lions, and hot sauce

A/N- thank you guysnfor reading it means so much to me! Make sure to vote and comment so I can have some of your feedback. :)
========

"Okay! That's it! I'm not playing this with you guys any more!" Brayden threw his controller onto the couch and left the room in a huff. He was so dramatic. We paused the game, following him into the kitchen. He was standing at the fridge with the door open deciding what to eat.

I went behind him and wrapped my arms around his torso. "Aw c'mon Bray, it's no fun unless you play. if you don't play then who can I kill?" I smiled up at him and he scoffed and me inreturn. "I'm kidding, i'm kidding. Maybe." I let go of Brayden and walked to Ryan who was spinning on a counter stool.

"It's getting late, what should we get for dinner?" Mitch replaced Brayden and started looking in the fridge for the best meal he could make with little effort as possible. "And keep in mind, I can't cook." 

"Should we just do a free for all? Everyone makes their own dinner so it doesn't get destroyed by Mitch?" Ryan laughed and Mitch put his hands up in defeat. We all aggreed and started looking through cabinets and the fridge trying to figure out what to eat.  

"Bekah, can you go get Ella? She's in her room." Mitch asked as he took the egg carton out of the fridge. He was making the only meal he said he couldn't mess up. Breakfast.

"Sure" I smiled leaving to go up the stairs. I walked to the room that Mitch told me was her room and knocked on the door. I entered when i heard a soft 'come in' from the other side. Ella was sitting on her floor surrounded by crayons. She smiled up at me and continued to color the lion in her coloring book a bright purple. "Uh, hey Ella, Mitch said he wants you to come down and get some dinner."

She frowned at me "But I'm not done with my lion! I can't leave him here." She crossed her arms and stayed sitting down on the floor.

I swayed, putting my weight on one foor then the other as I stood their awkwardly "Um, you can take him dwnstairs. You can finnish him while you eat." I suggested

"But he's shy" she gave me puppy dog eyes and continued to pout

"Okay, how about i help you finish him and then we can go downstairs together?" I asked hoping she would agree. She did and I sat next to her on the floor. I picked up another purple crayon that was slightly darker than her's and started coloring one of his legs. "So why purple?" I asked hopping that she wouldn't think of me as an idiot because maybe that's just what color lions need to be for a six year old- I don't know.

She shrugged again "That's his favorite color." She started scribbling on his tail and smiled at me "You're a very good colorer"

"Thank you. I've had many years of practice." 

"I have a question."

"Okay ask" I started coloring a different leg

"Are you dating Brayden?" 

A small laugh escaped my mouth before I could answer "No I'm not dating Brayden, we're just good friends."

"Are you dating Ryan?" she asked again

"No, Ryan is more like a brother to me." I smiled at her

She gasped "Then you're dating Mitch!" She smiled "Aw that's so cute! When are you getting married? I'd be careful though, boys have cooties. At least that's what Molly said and Molly has an older sister who said-" 

My eyes were poping out of my head by the time I was able to cut her off "Ella! I'm not dating Mitch." I blushed

"Who are you dating then?" she gave me a confused look before coloring the tail

"I'm not dating anyone." 

"Then wy don't you date Mitch? He's nice and he tells funny jokes somethimes." 

"I like your brother and all, but not in that way. We're just friends. Oh look your lion is done. Come on let's go downstairs" I changed the  subject while I was still blushing. Ella and I stood up and walked downstairs. Mitch was finishing his eggs and Brayden was on his phone. Ryan walked by us and sat at the table with a small salad. 

"About time. I thought we were going to have to send in a search party" Ryan joked from his seat

"Ella want some eggs?" Mitch asked her while grabbing two plates she nodded and took her plate and sat by Ryan at the table. 

Brayden turned to me while putting his phone away "You want some Ramen noodles? I made extra" I nodded and got a bowl. We split up the soup and sat by everyone else at the table.

"Mitch, i have a question." Ella said while chewing her eggs

"What is it?" he asked taking a sip of water

"Why don't you date Bekah? She's nice and a really good colorer. Don't worry, I don't think she has cooties." Ella smiled at Mitch as I started choking on a noodle. This six year old was going to be the death of me. Ryan and Brayden both laughed while Mitch and I looked down at our food blushing. Ella was confused what the big fuss was over and why no one was answering her question.

-------

"Come on Ella, time for bed" Mitch stood up off the couch trying to pull his sister up as well. She squirmed out of his arms and layed back down on the couch. "Ella, come one. It's past your bedtime." Mitch looked at her sternly

She pouted at him and crossed her arms "I don't wanna go to bed! I wanna stay up with you, I'm not even tired." She said yawning

"We can hang out tomorrow after I come home from Brayden's volleyball game. Promise. Now let's go." Ella jumped off the couch onto Mitch's back. He grabbed her legs so she wouldn't fall and continued walking up the stairs

"You have a volleyball game tomorrow?" I asked Brayden as he turned the tv off.

"A tournament, but yeah. You should come." He smiled at me and threw the remote on the couch

"Alright but I don't know anything about volleyball." I laughed

"Do you guys wanna play a game?" Ryan asked once Mitch came back downstairs. We nodded and he continued. "What about never have I ever fire?" Brayden and Mitch agreed, obviously having played this before.

"What's that?" I knew about the normal never have I ever, but not this fire version they were talking about.

"It's like the basic game, but when you put down all five of your fingers you have to take a shot of hot sauce. Then you start over and the game continues." Ryan explained grabbing a bottle of hot sauce and a paper cup from the kitchen

"Alright, I'll go first." Brayden started "Never have I ever, lived in America" he smiled cockily at me. "Your turn"

"Discrimination at it's finest" I punched his shoulder and put a finger down. "Never have I ever kissed a girl" All three of the boys put a finger down. "Ryan's turn"

"Never have I ever kissed a guy" Ryan stuck his tounge out at me but was in shock when Brayden put his finger down instead of me. I laughed at Brayden as he blushed.

"It was one time! Never play truth or dare at a party. Ugh the flashbacks still haunt me." He shuddered

"Oh hush, I bet you liked it." I winked at him. He threw a pillow at me as I continued my laughing fit. Of course he would have done it, I don't think there's anything Brayden wouldn't do. Typical teenage boy: can never back down from a dare.

"So no first kiss then Bek?" Ryan asked taking a swig from the ice tea infront of him. "Not even a childhood romance with the neighbor or the boy from school?"

My face turned to one of disgust and horror "My neighbor is an old lady, that's horrid. And nope- I thought boys had diseases until I was about eleven. I'm not the romancy type." I shrugged motioning for Mitch to take his turn. The rest of the night was filled with stories and hot sauce shots. One of the best nights of my life for sure.

We kept playing until we were sure we would pass out or throw up until all we tasted were burritos, then we put away the almost empty sauce container and sat in the dark talking, the only light coming from the muted tv. I set my glasses on the table and fell asleep next to the guys on the floor.