chapter 12- breakfast

A/N: remind me never to try and update on my family computer, as it never saves my writting. >:(

A loud DING awoke me the next morning. My laptop was connected to Mitch's ear buds that we had sharred last night before I fell asleep, and surprisingly, it was still in my ear. Speaking of Mitch, his head was resting ontop of mine. He was still asleep somehow. How did this always happen? My head was on his shoulder, somehow we always ended up sleeping together- not in that way. I looked over at the notification on my laptop: connect your charger, 10% battery remaing. Careful to not wake Mitch, I untangled myself from him and grabbed my laptop and glasses from his desk before walking across the hall to my room.

I set my laptop on the desk while connecting it to its charger. I was contemplating going back to bed when there was a knock at my door. I opened it to reveal a yawning Ella. "Bek, I'm hungry and Mommy went to work and Mitch is sleeping."

I smiled at her as I put my glasses on. "Okay, let me get dressed and then we can look for something to eat. That sound good?" She nodded walked down the stairs to wait for me. Closing the door, I pulled out random clothes that I had unpacked. Not knowing whether or not the guys had plans for us to go somewhere, I decided on basic jean shorts with an American flag desgin tshirt. I brushed and pulled my hair into a side braid and walked downstairs to find Ella waiting for me at the table.

"Okay, what should we have for breakfast?" I asked her while trying to fight off a yawn. I didn't succeed and ended up yawning very loudly. She giggled at me and jumped off her chair.

"Candy!" She smiled widely trying to convince me that it was a good idea and that I should listen to her.

I put my hands on my hips jokingly "You can't have candy for breakfast!" Ella frowned at me and crossed her arms infront of her, "Everyone knows that you have to wait until dessert to eat candy, because if you eat it all for breakfast then you can't have dessert. Silly." I walked infront of her into the kitchen and started pulling open the drawers and looking on the shelves for the cereal. "How about cereal? I think that sounds good." I grabbed a box of cereal and grabbed the milk while Ella grabbed the bowls and spoons.

We met at the table and started on our feast of cereal, which in Ella's defense, probably was just as sugary and unhealthy as the candy she wanted to have instead. Ella sat on her chair bouncing a little as she ate the spoonfuls of soggy cereal. She smiled suddenly and her eyes fell onto something behind me "Mitchie!" She cheered with her mouth full of her breakfast.

I turned around to see a very tired looking Mitch. He was wearing his pajamas still which consisted of some gray sweatpants and a black t shirt. He yawned "I told you not to call me that, you know I hate it." He said in between yawning again ad Ella laughed, giving the hint that she only called him that to bug him. He walked to the kitchen and came back with a bowl and spoon of his own. "Good morning" he said to me as he helped himself to the cereal and milk infront of him.

"Morning sleepy head. So, what are the plans for today?" Helping myself to another bite of food. Mitch took a bite of the food on his spoon and checked his phone with his free hand. He typed something before answering.

"Brayden says that he doesn't have volleyball today, his practice was canceled last minute, and Ryan said he's free if someone can pick him up. His car is still being repaired. Want me to tell them to come over?" I nodded and went to put my now empty bowl in the dishwasher. I sat back down at the table with a glass of water I had gotten in the kitchen. Mitch smirked at me "Nice shirt."

Looking down at my shirt, I stuck my tongue out at him. The white tshirt supported the design of an American flag. My cousin had given it to me awhile ago because she accidentally ordered two online. "Hey! I don't dis your country, don't dis mine. You're just jealous." Ella giggled across the table at our lame argument before running upstairs.

My random burst of energy I had gotten when Ella knocked on my door disappeared suddenly causing me to groan. I slamed my head somewhat forcefully onto the table causing Mitch to give me a weird look. "Ugh, I'm so tired. Why do I do that to myself every night?"

"Do what?" Mitch asked in between bites of cereal.

I turned my head so I was facing him but was still ontop of the table "Stay up till three am every night. And then I wake up at a normal time. Oh god I don't want to go back to school." I closed my eyes tightly, maybe if I concentrated hard enough I could stop thinking about this. I always over think things and right now was not the time for it.

Mitch put his spoon down and placed his hand on my shoulder. He looked at me with a face full of concern "Hey, everythings going to be okay. You don't have to worry about school right now- you're on vacation. You alright?" I gave him a small nod and closed my eyes again, which was probably a bad idea because Mitch had to shake me awake a minute later when I almost fell back asleep. "Don't worry, you'll be tired when Ryan and Brayden leave- they'll drain all the remaining energy out of you and then you can sleep."

"I don't think I have any remaining energy left in me." I joked as I stood up. "I'm going to go upstairs and enjoy my last few minutes of quiet calmness. Let me know when the guys are here." I jogged up the stairs and went onto my laptop. I looked through twitter and saw Graser had tweeted at me complaining about how he wanted to do a video with me but how I wasn't available. I responded saying that I might have time tonight or tomorrow and I would let him know if I was available. My peacefulness was interrupted when I heard a shout from downstairs.

"Bek! Come downstairs! Your best friends are here and I think your boyfriend misses you." I swear, one of these days I might just murder Brayden.

"Hey, that's not true. Every one knows I'm her best friend." Ryan's voice came from the bottom of the stairs. Ugh boys.

==========
A/N: sorry for the short update, but I figured I should be trying to update as much as I can during spring break. And I figured why not now because it happens to be 2 am... whoops. Hope you enjoyed, leave a like and comment if you did. Let me know what tou want to see in the next in the story!