chapter 11- late night with mitch

"Well, I have to get going. I'm supposed to record with Will in a bit." Jordan said an hour later. Him, Ryan, and I were still hanging out on teamspeak since we couldn't sleep.

"You love Will more than you love me" I joked while frowning. My school project was still on my screan but I got distracted by my twitter conversation I was having with Bee, so it remained forgotten.

"That's not true. I love all my friends equally." Jordan laughed at me

"Except me, he loves me the most." Ryan cut in

"But seriously, if I don't go Will is going to kill me. Bye guys." He was cut short by the monotonous voice saying User left your channel.

"And then there were two." I smiled as I favorited a tweet from Kermit.

"Actually, I was gonna turn in. I just didn't want to be the first to go." Ryan yawned again

"But what about me?" I whined into my headset

"I'm sure if you ask him, Mitch would gladly cuddle with you." Ryan laughed. It was if he could see my face and how red it had gotten. User left your channel. I logged off of teamspeak and stretched. Picking up my laptop, I walked across the hall to Mitch's room. Quietly I knocked on his door, when there was no response I opened it. His lights were off, the bed was messy but empty. There was light coming from his closet that was half open. Through the opening I could see Mitch at his desk. He was in his pajamas too while he clicked away at his computer.

I closed the door as I stepped closer to his closet. The noise of the door caused him to look away from the screan and at me. "Everything okay?" He asked as he took one earbud out of his ear.
I nodded and walked forward. "I can't sleep, it's alright. I just got bored that's all." He motioned for me to bring the chair by his bed over, so I did. I pushed his chair to one side of his desk so I had a space to sit and put my laptop. "Whatcha working on?"

"Redstone. Graser begged me to do his redstone for him. It's taking forever." He groaned while rubbing his eyes. He had taken his contacts out and now he was wearing his glasses. It was weird, but I thought he looked better with his glasses-they suited him more.

"Well, now you have me to keep you company!" I smiled as I leaned my head ontop of his shoulder. I kept it there for a bit as I watched him place and break blocks, every so often he would look at his other monitor and watch a tutorial that was on his screen. "I hate redstone, it's too complicated. I think I'll stick with mining and building." I said once I saw how five minutes of working on the contraption made no progress on the total outcome.

Mitch laughed at me, "It does take time." he agreed. He went to look at his other monitor but stopped. He was trying to look at how to set up his redstone, but instead got a face full of me. I was still propped ontop of his shoulder as I watched him work. He stared at me and I stared back. A silence fell around us, not an awkward one or a weird Graser one, but a nice silence. It was calming and peaceful. That is, until Mitch broke it. "I can't see. Your head is in the way!" He pouted

I groaned as I took my head off of his shoulder. I opened up my laptop debating on what to do. Even though twitter was what I really wanted to do, my school work won since I procrastinated so much on it already. I ran out of things to talk about shortly; I had already wrote about this morning and Brayden's tournament. "Mitch, I don't know what else to write about." I pouted.

"Write about me." He smiled cheekily at me.

I laughed as I typed on my keyboard. "It's not a diary you loser, it's a journal. I'm supposed to write what I did today, but I already wrote about volleyball." Either way, I ended up writing about Mitch. I described him- how he looked, how he talked, how he acted. I was typing mid-sentance about his appearance when Mitch shoved me.

"Hey! I do not have Beiber hair!" He pouted as he kept reading my discription.

"Oh Mitch," I pouted his head "yes you do." I smiled sweetly at him while he stuck his tounge out. "You're making me want to play minecraft now." Saving my assignment, I closed the tab and logged onto my minecraft account. I quickly joined the Cube since it was at the top of my servers. "Yo Mitch, where you at bro?" I spawned back in at my base and headed to spawn.

"No!" Mitch whined "You can't know!" I leaned over his arm to look at his screan. He pushed me away. "No screan watching! That's cheating! Don't kill me! Bekah please- no!" I giggled evily as he turned to me with a wicked look in his eyes.

"Mitch, what are you doing?" I stood up and slowly backed away from him. He steped closer to me with his arms outstretched.

"Pay back time" he laughed loudly at my scared expression. I sensed what he was about to do and went to turn around. But Mitch was smart, he closed the door of his closet so I couldn't escape. He placed his hands on my sides and started tickling me. I squirmed at the touch trying to get away, I almost suceeded I escaping, but he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me back. We lost balance and fell to the floor in one giant laughing heap.

A loud noise came from Mitch's earbuds that were next to us on the floor. We each put one in and sat in our chairs, trying to catch our breath. "Hello?" Mitch asked breathlessly. He clicked through his tabs and found the teamspeak one, which he was still connected to. The chat room consisted of a bunch of members that couldn't sleep like us or where in a different time zone.

Everyone started laughing. Brayden voice was the first to come through. "Can we not leave you two alone for one day without you trying to make out with eachother?" Everyone else in the chat started to laugh as I blushed while looking down at my laptop.

"We weren't trying to make out with each other. He was tickling me." I grumbled into Mitch's microphone. I turned my head to Mitch, but he went back to his computer, collecting his items before they despawned.

"Whatever. Just save yourselves the trouble and just date already." Ryan laughed as everyone else in the chat agreed. I tried my best to put my face in my hands, but when I looked at Mitch he was positioned so that the hand he was leaning on was covering most of his face.

"Seriously, what's going on up in Canada? Anything we should worry about?" Parker's loud laugh came through the ear bud quickly as Mitch and I groaned in response. I rolled my eyes as I looked through my twitter feed that I refreshed. As if it was magic, all the tweets that came in were about Mitch and I. The guys were joking around and teasing us which caused the fans to go crazy.

"Holy crap, that's insane." I nudged Mitch to get his attention. He read some of the replys to the tweets and shook his head.

"You guys are weird, I'm leaving bye." Mitch laughed awkwardly as he left the chat. "Don't listen to them they're stupid and weird." He said shaking his head.

I nodded as I scrolled through twitter. A tweet of Brayden's caught my eye:
TheCampingRush: bek and mitch only left so they could continue to make out :p
"Trust me, I know."

I turned my head to look at Mitch. He yawned as he placed a repeater down. I couldn't help but notice how weird it was to see him in person after not seeing him at all for the past two years, I wanted to take in every detail I could. Like how his hair kept constantly falling down his face into his eyes so he would have to push it back with his hands. Or how he had small crinkles that appeared by his eyes whenever he laughed or yawned. I noticed that it seemed like he could never be still, his hands always had to be doing something wether it was clicking the mouse or adjusting the microphone-even though he wasn't used to it.

I plugged Mitch's ear buds into my laptop and started playing music on pandora. This is Gospel by Panic! At The Disco was the first song that came on the station. Mitch turned his head to look at me and I just shrugged while giving the song a thumbs up. Switching tabs, I gave twitter one last tweet for the night saying that I was goin to try and get some sleep, even though it was well past three in the morning. I sighed as I took my glasses off and placed my head on Mitch's shoulder. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.