chapter 29- hanging with the hockeyheads

"Please don't fall asleep in my truck." Mitch laughed. The movie had just ended and Mitch was putting all the blankets in the back seat. I walked right to the passenger door and buckled myself in. I leaned my head against the window and closed my eyes. "Bek I'm serious." Mitch laughed as he got into the truck and closed the door. I grunted in response, I heard Mitch buckle his seat belt and start the truck. I could tell we were driving from the bumps that made my head hit the window over and over again. "If you give yourself a concussion, I swear to god." Mitch laughed,but his voice lacked the humor. He sounded worried instead. I turned my head away from the window and rested it on the chair, now I was facing Mitch.

"Shush, I wanna sleep." I reached over lazily and put a finger to his lips. Closing my eyes, I listened to the faint radio play in the background. Mitch chuckled and I could picture him rolling his eyes at me. I curled up in my seat, putting my feet on the seat and hugged my knees to my chest. I listened as Mitch drove, he wasn't saying anything but I could hear his soft breathing.

I was woken up by Mitch, who knows how much later. He was nudging my shoulder and I groaned. The lights were on in the car and the engine and radio were off. Mitch gave me a small smile as he continued to nudge me awake.

"Come on Bek, we're home. Wake up." He smiled as he nudged me again. I shook my head in response and he laughed. "Come on, you don't want to sleep in here, there's a nice comfy bed inside, now get up."

"Carry me." I mumbled tiredly to Mitch. He sighed and closed the door, only to reappear and open my door. He leaned over and unbuckled my seatbelt and with one arm he grabbed me from behind my knees and the other was on my back. He closed the case door with his foot and chuckled.

"The things I do for you." He laughed softly as he looked down at me. I leaned into him and my face had gotten pressed against his chest. We made it inside and Mitch set me down on the couch. "Sorry, I have to lock the door." I turned away as he left and closed my eyes. "Don't you want to sleep in your bed?" He asked with a laugh.

"No. I wanna sleep here." I mumbled tiredly

"Well then, let me get your glasses before you break them." He chuckled and took my glasses off of my face. The lights gotnturned off and then I felt the couch sink down next to me. "Scoot over and make room for me." I rolled over and Mitch slipped in next to me.

"Goodnight Mitch." I could feel how close he was, his face was only a few inches away from mine.

"Night Bek." Mitch whispered.

--------

"Are you sure he said today?" I heard Ryan's voice when I woke up. Oh no. Not this again. I knew what was going to happen, and I was trying to brace myself for it.

"Yeah, his text said today. But I think we came a little earlier than he planned for us to be." I heard Brayden snicker. Oh no, Brayden's here. I meantaly groaned at the thought of what was about to happen.

"You thinking what in thinking?" I heard Ryan ask with an amused tone.

"Picture time" they both laughed together and I heard two phone cameras go off. Great.

"Shall we wake the happy couple?" Brayden laughed. I was going to kill him.

"I think we shall." Ryan answered laughing. I'm going to kill him too. But I only heard Brayden talking as I was being shaken awake.

"Come on Bek, rise and shine. Give your boyfriend a kiss good morning." Brayden laughed as he made kissy noises. I groaned and rolled on my side, only to hit what I was guessing was Mitch. I opened my eyes just a tiny bit to see that Mitch was doing the same. Brayden continued the kissy noises and we both groaned. I rolled back over the other way and Brayden continued the torture. "Aw, that's not a kiss. Come on Bek, you can do it we believe in you." Brayden giggled