chapter 20- Fourth of July

"Oh come on! No!" Mitch screamed angerly at the TV in front of us as he jumped up. He had his hands on his head, lightly pulling on his hair in frustration. "Just a goal away! All they needed was a goal to tie it!" He groaned as he flopped back onto the couch.

"Hey Mitch, what was that about Canada winning?" I smirked as I poked his Canada T-shirt. We were watching the quarter-final round women's world cup and England had beaten Canada by one goal.

"I don't wanna talk about it." He pouted as he looked at me

Sorry? What was that? I couldn't hear you over my country still being in the competition!" I teased him as the television was showing replays from the goals made during the match.

"Yeah, but I bet you're going to lose in the next match." Mitch turned off the television in frustration.

I gasped and put my hand over my heart "How dare you? I am very confident in my team, thank you very much!" I turned away from Mitch and went back to my laptop. I was tweeting during the game and listening to what my friends and the fans thought about the match. I sent a few tweets and then closed my laptop.

OrangeApple12- @.kiinqtonq I think @.mrmitch361 is a little butthurt towards your country right now

OrangeApple12- aw Canada's out :( but US is still in! Let's go!!!!

"I'm not butthurt." Mitch pouted at me while he looked up from his phone.

I walked over to him and gave him a hug "Aw, Mitch. Yes you are." I stuck my tounge out at him. "Hey, just be glad that Canada didn't play against America. Because then we would've whooped your butt even harder." I laughed as I let go and walked back over to the chips that sat on the coffee table. I was turningf the tv back on so that I could hear when the next match was when Mitch somewhat tackled me onto the couch. "What are you doing?"

"I'm not letting you up until you say that Canada's better." He teased while I struggled to get free. I tried to roll out from under him, but I just fell off of the couch and Mitch followed.

I grunted as his weight fell on top of me. "Well, we both know that that's not true. Its proven now." I laughed, which was hard because Mitch was sitting on my stomach. My laugh turned into a cough and Mitch gave me a weird look.

"Are you okay? Are you dying? Please don't die." Mitch teased as he got off of me. He was kneeling on the ground as I sat up.

"Payback!" I screamed as I jumped on him and knocked him over so the positions were reversed. "Now you have to say that America's better." I laughed as I sat on his stomach.

"You do know that I can just pick you up and move you right?" Mitch laughed.

I put a finger over his lips "Shush." I sat there for a while, making eye contact with Mitch every once in a while.

"Can we move now?" Mitch asked as his cheeks reddened a bit.

----------

A few days later, Mitch bursted into my room. "Hey Bek, wake up. Brayden and Ryan are here." I groaned from inside of my blanket burrito. Mitch sighed and exited my room. Note to self: go to bed instead of binge watching Netflix. I unwrapped myself from my blankets and walked over to the desk. I checked to see if I had any messages and saw a message from my mom on facebook. Happy fourth of July! Have a good day and stay safe! :) My eyes popped open. It was the fourth of July already?