chapter 31- 100,000 and midnight cities

"Mitch! Wake up!" I body slammed on top of his bed as I shook him awake. He was a late sleeper, mostly because he always stays up so late editing and recording- the average life of a youtuber.

"No." I heard Mitch mumble from underneath all of his blankets that were wrapped around him. I groaned and continued to shake him.

"Come on! You're gonna wanna see this!" I pleaded. Mitch rolled over and faced me as he yawned.

"What is it?" He mumbled as he rubbed his eyes. In response, I shoved my laptop towards him. He squinted since he didn't have his glasses on, and looked at the page that was pulled up on the screen. "Wait...are you serious?" He said quietly, I nodded my head vigorously.

"Happy a hundred thousand subscribers!" I cheered as I hugged him. Last night, Mitch had tweeted out how close he was to a hundred thousand subscribers. This morning I was on twitter and saw somebody tweet saying that the had reached it. Mitch sat on his bed, laptop on his lap, hands covering his gaping mouth.

"A hundred...thousand?" He murmered in disbelief. "How? When? What?" He seemed at a loss for words as the reality settled in.

"You did it, Mitch!" I smiled as I hugged him again.

"I can't believe it." He shook his head

"Well believe it bud." I laughed

"Did my mom leave for work yet?" He turned to face me as he stood up with my laptop in hand. I walked over to his desk, where his camera was, and picked it up.

"I don't think so." I turned the camera on and got ready to hit record.

Mitch started running out of his room and downstairs holding my laptop. "Mom!" I followed after him with his camera, recording him running around and screaming. "Mom!" He yelled again as he saw her walking out of the kitched with a cup of coffee.

She looked startled as she saw Mitch running towards her while he was screaming. "What is it?"

"Look!" He turned the laptop around so she could see the page it was on. The page was Mitch's YouTube channel where you could see right next to his name that he had over 100,000 subscribers. "I did it! I got a hundred thousand subscribers." Mitch said happily. His mom smiled and brought Mitch in for a big hug.

"Congrats Mitch! Celebratory pizza for dinner. We can talk more after work, I have to go." She gave him another hug. "I'm so proud. Love you!" She called out as she grabbed her keys and walked out the door.

Mitch set the laptop down on the table and ran towards me and enveloped me in a hug. "Thank you."

"For what? I didn't do anything?" I laughed as I hugged him back, which was kinda awkward because I was still recording.

"Just thank you." He mumbled as he tightened the hug a bit.

"Come on, I think you should tweet and let everyone know." I let go of Mitch and grabbed my laptop. "And then you can fill out that form for your plaque." I smiled at him ands he nodded.

------

"I'm jealous." I pouted as I watched Mitch fill out the form for his silver play button.

"Who would've thought that I would've hit a hundred thousand before you?" Mitch shook his head in what seemed like amazement as he typed his channel name.

"Um, everyone." I laughed. "Just be careful. I might take it home with me in my duffle bag." I chuckled.

"You wouldn't." Mitch fake gasped.

"I'm not saying anything." I laughed as I held my hands up in surrender. "Gosh, a hundred thousand. That's a lot of people."

"I know, it's crazy right?" Mitch ran a hand through his hair as he looked at me.