chapter 13- title names are hard

I sent one last tweet before I closed my laptop:

OrangeApple12- ugh gotta go internet, the idiots are here and they're forcing me to be social. TheCampingRush ChildDolphin MrMitch361.

I held my hand in front of my face to hide a yawn as I walked down the stairs. I waved at Brayden and Ryan as I plopped myself onto the couch next to Mitch, who was playing around with his phone.

"Why are you so tired? Stop yawning!" Ryan complained as he sat down on the other side of me. I pushed him away as he tried to lay ontop of me.

"Because, some people" I turned to glare at him before continuing "start yelling over teamspeak when others are trying to sleep. I didn't get any sleep until it was like three am or whatever." Ryan shrugged off my glare with a smile, just to aggravate me.

Mitch cracked his back from his spot next to me and nodded in agreement. "Ugh, tell me about it. Remember never to have us fall asleep at my desk ever again. Ugh too painful." He pouted.

Brayden sat down on the floor across from us, he rose up his eyebrow in disbelief "You both fell asleep at your desk? What were you to doing after you got off teamspeak?" He acted horrified and leaned away from Mitch and I.

"Nothing you pervert! We just fell asleep!" I threw a pillow at him to shut him up. "So, what did you guys have planned for today?"

"Well, it's really nice out, so why not go for a swim?" Ryan suggested. We all nodded in agreement.

"It's a good thing that I uncovered the pool the other day." Mitch stood up and cracked his back again.

This got my attention, "I've been here for almost a week, and I didn't notice that you had a pool. Wow I gotta pay more attention. I'm gonna go change then, be right back." Turning away, I ran back up the stairs. I slipped off my clothes and replaced them with my red and blue swimsuit. Slipping my shorts back on and my shirt to act as a cover up, I headed back downstairs.

"Out here Bek!" Brayden's voice came from outside. I walked through the door and saw that the guys had already changed and were in the pool. I was about to slip of my cover ups, when Ryan got my attention.

"Hey, while your up," oh no, this couldn't be good "Do you mind making us lemonade or something." He gave me a fake smile.

I folded my arms infront of me "Why can't you do it, your legs look fine to me."

"I don't want to get water everywhere." I huffed and turned tongo back into the kitchen "Thanks Bek, you're the best!"

"Yeah, yeah. I get it. You owe me." I waved my hand to shrug off the subject. I declined Mitch's offer to help by saying that I knew where everything was, which was a lie. And dug through the cupboards to find the drink mix. Once I found it, I started adding it to the pitcher along with the sugar. I had just started added rhe water when something wet started dripping on me and someone had grabbed my waist. I screamed, "Mitch! Don't do that! You gave me a heart attack! And your soaking wet!" He chuckled as his wet hair dripped on me.

I heard a click and turned to see Ryan holding his phone, with Brayden behind him. "That's another one for the wedding. Aww, how cute."

I turned off the water and grabbed the pitcher as I walked back to the pool, Mitch followed with the cups. "So much for not wanting to get water anywhere." I mumbled. I set down the pitcher on the small lawn table by the pool and took off my glasses and cover ups so I could jump into the pool before one of the boys tried to push me in. Once Ryan and Brayden came back out, still laughing at the previous scene, I got onto the diving board and jumped into the water.

--

An hour or so later we were all relaxing by the pool, all the splash wars, chicken fights, and dive offs had stopped. Ella had joined us and complained to Mitch for not telling her that we were swimming. Everyone was doing their own thing. Ryan was on a deck chair trying to get a tan, Mitch and Ella were in the shallow end, splashing and playing some game Ella had just made up, and Brayden was doing who knows what. I was floating around the pool on my back. At my house I didn't have a pool or anything near me that I could go swimming at, so I liked to take advantage of the water when I could. A shadow was casted over me and I looked up to see Brayden dripping water on me.

"Yes?" I asked using my hand to shield the sun away from my eyes.

"I'm bored" he complained as he moved his arms back and forth in the water

"Well, that sucks doesn't it?" I stood up in the water and lazily swam around.

"Yeah it does, so you're going to do something with me. C'mon, out of the water." He reached for me so he could help pull me out.

"Noo! I wanna swim!" I pouted and swam away from him childishly. He grunted and followed after me.

"Ugh, Mitch! You're girlfriend is being difficult!" Brayden yelled across the pool to Mitch who lightly splashed Ella.

"She's not my girlfriend." Mitch called back over his shoulder without looking. Ella, was giggling as she looked between Mitch and I.

"Lem'me go!" I flailed my arms wildly as Brayden caught me by my legs and started pulling me to the side of the pool. "You're a bad friend, you know that?"

"Yup. Horrible. Got it. Now come on, I'm so bored!" We both got out of the pool and started to dry off with towels. Brayden wrapped his around his waist and I drapped mine on my shoulders to stop my braid from dripping.

"Well, if we're done swimming then, I'm going to shower and change before the chlorine makes my skin break out. See ya in a few!" I turned away, twirling my towel as a cape as I left.

-----

After my shower, I put my shorts and T-shirt back on and left my hair down for a change. It probably wasn't good that I always had it up in a ponytail, so I decided to let it dry by itself. I looked out the window to see if the boys and Ella were still by the pool, which they weren't. Placing my glasses on my head, I took the stairs two at a time, stumbling a little as I did so because I was also trying to put my socks on.

"Okay good, you're done. Get your shoes on, we're gonna go out and get something to eat soon." Mitch smiled at me as soon as I had landed on the bottom step- and putting my sock on at last. Following the boys and Ella to the door, I slipped on my shoes. And when I say slipped, I mean that I almost fell on my face twice just getting the left shoe onto my foot. Mitch held me by the arm so that I could balance while getting the right shoe on. I quickly tied my shoes and ran out the door to see Brayden and Ryan already in Brayden's car.

"I take it that I'm going with Mitch and Ella then, yeah?" Ella giggled with excitement while Mitch nodded at me, smiling. "We're taking the truck right?" I stopped in between his truck and a shiny black car- I swear this boy had a car obsession. I have always been afraid of driving- driver's training was a nightmare- so I refused to take my final test, and refused to allow my parents to get me my own car (even if it was my older brother's old one).

"Sure, we can take the truck." Mitch poked fun at my excitement for his vehicle. He helped Ella into the back while I buckled my seatbelt up front. "Alright, let's roll." Mitch turned on the ignition and followed the other boys out of his driveway.

"Onwards, to our fast food adventure!" I cheered as Mitch turned on the music and Ella laughed from the backseat.

======
A/n: sorry for the late update :( I've been busy with school and sports. Writer's block is a butt, but soon I will get out of it and I can write about the exciting part of the book :)