chapter 18- confusion and walks

"Oh my god, no way." Brayden laughed. I didn't know what time it was, but I am this close to throwing Brayden out of the house. Why does he feel the need to wake us up so early in the morning? It's summer, I would like to sleep as much as I can, especially while I'm not staying up until three AM recording and editing. Even though it didn't work in the past, I tried to block out Brayden and go back to sleep. "Dang it; I owe Ryan now!"

"Brayden? What the heck? Go to sleep! It's like six in the morning." Mitch groaned from behind me. His voice had that morning edge to it. His raspy voice tingled in my ears.

"Nice try, Mitch. It's like, nine, so you and your girlfriend can wake up now." Brayden, shut up. I'm trying to sleep here.

"She's not my girlfriend." Mitch groaned again.

"Sure, that's just why you guys are spooning in the middle of your livingroom right?" You could practically hear the smirk in his voice. My eyes snapped open, looking down, I saw that Mitch's arms were wrapped around me. I mentally groaned, how does this keep happening?

"Shut up!" Mitch moved a bit, but was quickly stopped by Brayden.

"Wait, hold up!" I heard a click. Great. "Okay, you can move now. I got another picture for your wedding." Brayden giggled.

"I swear, if I had my coffee and I was fully awake, you would be so dead right now." Mitch slowly and carefully removed his arms from around me and I heard him stand up.

"Bud, the truth hurts. But its better to accept it then to deny it. Just confess." I opened my eyes to see Brayden smirk at Mitch as he leaned on the couch. The next thing I knew, Mitch charged at Brayden and he was chasing him through the house. I sat up and put my glasses on. Mitch was trying to catch Brayden, but I guess Branden's long volleyball practices were paying off because no matter how close Mitch got to him, he couldn't catch him. Brayden ran back in from outside, screaming as he did so, and I moved out of his way. It appeared that he didn't see me and I had no interest to be turned into a pancake. Mitch jumped and lunged at Brayden. His tackle was successful and soon the two Canadians were wrestling on the floor.

I smiled as I watched my two friends try to pin each other, but none of them were being successful. "Wow, who knew that two hockeyheads who spend all their time playing Minecraft could be so athletic?" I laughed as I sat on the couch. They both stopped fighting and turned to look at me.

"Bek!" Mitch spoke first in a hurry. He was panting and out of breath. His eyes were wide, it looked a little weird the way he was positioned. His legs were on either side of Brayden- who was lying on his back- and his hands were holding down his shoulders. "When did you wake up?"

Brayden pushed Mitch off of him- so he was now laying on the ground- and sat up. "Hey Babe, have a nice sleep then, huh?"

"Ew. I know you're joking, but don't call me that. I think I'm gonna throw up now." I made a fake gagging sound. "So, its not everyday you wake up and see your friends trying to kill eachother. What did I miss?"

"Well-" Brayden begain but was cut short by Mitch elbowing him in the stomach

"Nothing." There was an awkward pause that was filled by Brayden wiggling his eyebrows at me while Mitch pretended to be busy cleaning his glasses on his shirt as he bent his head down so all you could see was his hair. "So, breakfast then yeah?" He jumped up and quickly walked to the kitchen.

Brayden turned and smiled at me while he motioned to Mitch with his head. "So...." He jerked his head towards Mitch again.

I gave him a look that showed how confused I felt. What was with Brayden's weird behavior? "So what?"