41 ~ proof

Standing outside their mansion, Hwang Hyunjin stared as the yellow dim light gave off an air of elegance and mystery. It wasn't the usual loud parties, but an intimate warm one. To him, it was nothing but a gathering of flaunting and subtle taunts. Everyone's envy was masked with grandeur and politeness.

Despite the event being in honor of his birth, Hwang Hyunjin was reluctant to be a part of the gathering. He stared at the building for a while before driving away to the club. Before that, he called Yeji, who didn't answer.

She really forgot my birthday... or she doesnt know.... at least I got to spend time with her. He put on his helmet and off he went.

____________________________________

Thursday came like a strong storm. One that Yeji secretly expected and Ryujin pretty much prepared for.

Yeji and Ryujin walked hand in hand down the corridors to their class. Everyone was eyeing them, and whispering to each other.

"Ah its really her in the picture? She has no shame or whatsoever."

"She was done seducing the guys from cheongdam High School, now she's here to seduce our boys."

"She's so brazen!"

"Ugh! I would love to get hit on by a pretty girl like her!"

Yeji's eyes were glued to the floor to avoid their derisive gazes albeit her ears caught on all their so-called whispers.

"All they can do is bark. Don't mind them." Ryujin assured as she looked threateningly at every gossiping group. The murmurs would halt when she did so, only for them to resurface when she walked past.

"Ya! Hwang Yeji! You were quite a wild one at your previous school, huh! I read all about you." A tall jerk in their class commented loudly the moment they stepped into the classroom. "I would love to get to know you in person though!"

The news was crazy. It was all everyone on the school forum and premises talked about.

"I wouldn't show my face to anyone if these kind of rumors spread about me, to be honest." One of Somi's puppets added loudly. With contempt and disgust evident in her voice.

Yeji couldn't clearly hear everyone but they all seemed to be whispering while giving side glances. Her heart palpitations escalating as the seconds ticked away.

What do I do? She was fidgeting with the hem of her skirt. Her throat dry and eyes welling. Just then, the same jerk walked to where she was standing and put forward his phone.

"Let me have your phone number. We should hangout sometime!" He winked.

Before Yeji could act or say anything, a fist swang across the haughty boy's face and he immediately turned to the side with a red cheek.

"Shin Ryujin!" He yelled with aggression, his palm covering his cheek. "Don't fucking mess with me. I'm warning you!" He pointed his index finger at her as he heaved fumingly.

"Don't fucking mess with my bestfriend, stupid jerk!" Ryujin wasn't going to back off even though his huge build was literally towering over hers and his voice resonated in echoes against the thin walls of their classroom. In fact she stuck her chest out more confidently and her eyes blazed with threat.

A boy's ego is fragile and Ryujin had scratched just that. Angered by the tiny human infront of him, the lad opened his palm and raised it to slap back Ryujin.