33 ~ Cingulomania

Held in a spacious venue, Jeon Somi's birthday bash was grand to say the least. Over a hundred guests and the several staff that catered for the party bustled in the hall. An enormous gold crystal chandelier hang from the ceiling and every corner had food bar as well as drinks bar.

The entrance to the venue were two huge wooden doors that opened to a spacious hall. The very far end which the exact opposite of the entrance, was a small stage-like section that was designed for the birthday girl and those close to her. Behind it was a red velvet curtain was gracefully suspended, creating the intended dark theme with the help of the dim lights. Think of a wedding hall, the arrangement of the venue was the same. Waiters loitered around aimlessly carrying beverages. Despite the theme being red and black, Somi, the birthday girl wore a long light pink dress so that she stood out like the main event that she was.

Ryujin chose to go for a black mini dress just like Yeji. However, hers had long sleeves with its entirety made of leather and her bob cut perfectly matched the long boots she wore. Yeji's was somewhat velvety and sleeveless. Her hair was tied up in a ponytail, surprised? But this time her hair was parted in the middle to place some strands on either sides.

"Urgh! Why is this so bitter?" Yeji's face puckered up as she placed back the glass.

"It's alcoholic, that's why." Ryujin replied while sipping from her glass.

"What!" With eyes widened twice as her normal size, Yeji gasped. "We still have like a year before we are legally allowed to consume alcohol."

"You think rich people care about that.." Chaeryeong commented while shaking her head. "The richer they are, the filthier their lifestyle."

They were sitting around a bar table when Lia came running. "I can't believe I met "The Karina" like pinch me please.." She showed them her autograph.

"Who's that?" Yeji asked mindlessly.

"Hwang Yeji! How can you not know Karina? Yoo jimin! She's like the biggest thing on tiktok right now." Lia sighed at how behind her friend was with trends.

Chaeryeong turned to an unfazed Yeji and began explaining. "Ok imagine Karina, the coser, was here in a full gojo attire.."

"Oh fuck! I think I would lose my mind." Yeji looked up. "I think I get your excitement."

"Right!" Lia cheered and continued to show them the pictures she took.

Half an hour had passed and all they did since they came to the party was stick together at the food or drinks bar gossiping and judging people. Girlhood at its peak.

A guy walks over to them and asks Chaeryeong if she had some time. Chaeryeong easily stood out amongst them with her red sparkly dress that reached her ankles and her softly curled hair was pushed to the side revealing her bare back. She finished her look with simple accessories and bold makeup.

She leans into Ryujin's ear and asks her if he goes to their school. Ryujin nods and Chaeryeong bids the girls adieu.

"She's really over Han just like that?" Yeji commented as they all watched their friend walk away with the tall dude. "I aspire to be like her for real!"

Ryujin and Lia laughed at her innocent wish. None of them knowing that she was in fact serious.

"By the way you look amazing in that choker Lia!" Ryujin complimented as she moved closer to examine it.