40 ~ mine

The Shin family were hosting the In family on Tuesday for dinner. If Ryujin hated anything more than vegetables then it would be interacting with the elders. They cared about her grades more than she did apparently. The only person who gave her company during these hostings was her younger sister, Shin Yuna. However, she too, was occupied with Jeongin who she was busily filming contents with.

"Lee Chaeryeong, please tell me you are home!" Ryujin cried on the call with her friend. The dinner event that night was a friendly one rather than a formal one, so Ryujin decided to miss it and hang out at a friend's instead.

"I am home, you want to come over?" Chaeryeong asked excitedly. She was bored too as her boyfriend was busy making music.

"Yes! Am coming in 15!"
____________________

Yeji was sleeping on her back, her legs raised against the wall as she read the new manga collection she bought. Her eyes were following the letters and reading even, but none of whatever she read was truly processed in her head.

Was I too much? She thought to herself.

Hyunjin didn't come to school that day nor did he message her even once. She was now regretting and wondering if she was wrong for ignoring him. Well, she couldn't quite help how she felt and it was absolutely annoying her how everyone in their class shipped him with Somi calling them the IT couple.

"Should I call him?" She finally let the book drop on her chest and picked up her phone. She saw a notification, she let out the breathe she was holding when she found out its from Bangchan.

How is it?

He included an audio attachment of the song he just composed.

Yeji hummed along to the music as she listened and wondered what a genius Bangchan really was.

She recorded a voice note telling him how amazing it was. The relationship between Yeji and Bangchan grew to be something more profound over time. They could talk to each other for hours sometimes and it would feel like only minutes.

Profound indeed was their relationship but it was purely platonic, at least from their own perspective but what they didn't know was how the other felt.

Yeji then decided to call Lia and just complain about anything and whatever like how her face was bloated from eating 3 ramen packs in one go or how she was suspecting that Bangchan might have feelings for her. It's a thought she absolutely abhorred because if it was indeed true then how could she ever have the heart to reject Bangchan.

"Did you tell him about Hyunjin?" Lia asked.

"No. Not yet. You are the only one who knows." She said as she consciously decided to talk to Bangchan about it in person.

"He is generally a very attentive and courteous person, so you might be just reading too much into it." Lia suggests.

"I hope so too. Really."

________________

The Hwang family lived in a mansion very well befitting their status and wealth. The household was quiet often times than not. Rules and regulations were to be adhered at all cost and the only one brave enough to break them was none other but the head of the Hwang family's favourite grandson : Hwang Hyunjin.

One of the main and old rules that even the daughters of the hwang family who were married off to other families had to abide to, was the family gathering events. When anniversaries or birthdays came, at least a dinner with the whole family was necessary.

"Hyunjin, tomorrow is your birthday son. At least try not to miss this one." His mom urged, her voice fading into a plea. 

"Is hyung coming?" He asked his mom who was suddenly avoiding his gaze.