30 ~ Winter fling

It was the 14th of December when he first slept over at her house albeit neither of them had exactly fallen asleep.

It was the 15th of December when she nervously called him over to give her company as her mother was out again spending the night in scrubs. He had only left that morning, the same morning that she didn't bother to read all the 99+ messages she had missed in the groupchat.

It was the 19th of December when he asked her if she wanted to have lunch with him at a nearby restaurant. He was hungry and cold, his hand smoothly slid to her side, intertwining his fingers with hers. "Oh, it's so cold. I forgot my gloves." He spoke looking away. Yeji was suppressing a smile at the lame excuse she thought was endearing.

It was the 25th of December when Hyunjin knocked on her door strenuously. He was holding onto his arm and there was a bleeding cut on his lower lip. Her heart dropped, she immediately scolded, "When are you going to stop getting in trouble, Oh my goodness!" He could only wince in reply. She had assumed he was spending the Christmas with his family so she never called him over just for him to appear in a beaten up state. A peck was all it took to heal the pain away (of course she did first aid on him but that only took like 10% of the pain away or so he claimed.)

It was the 31st of December, a couple hours away from the new year, when she spoke to him of her worries that she would be unable to celebrate the new year with her mother just like the Christmas eve. "If she can't be here, then you can go there." He said simply. "Right? Right!" They went together to surprise her mother at the hospital with a cake. They watched the fireworks together and walked back home hand in hand, this time too he initiated it.

It was the 1st of January, only an hour into the new year, when he gave her his first gift : an exquisite looking butterfly pendant embedded with diamond. It's been a while since she was reminded of how wealthy Hyunjin infact was. "But I didn't get you anything..." She confessed sheepishly. "I don't think I can acce..."

"Hold your hair up." He instructed before going behind her to tie the necklace around her neck. "You smell sweet."

They were still in the middle of the road on their way home from the hospital.

"Thanks but..." She replied awkwardly, looking around and touching her neck.

Suddenly, he slightly bent to meet her eye level and smiled.

"It's time for my gift." He turned to face left and his index finger poked his cheek repeatedly. With eyes shut and his body stooping while his hands clapsed behind his back, Hyunjin waited patiently.

Why is my heart beating like crazy....

Yeji cupped his chin and placed her lips on his clean shaven cheek. He looked beautiful.

It was a quick peck.

Without opening his eyes, Hyunjin complained, "Too short."

She tried again. This time, making it last more than a second.

"Still short."

"Hwang Hyunjin!" Yeji was turning crimson hue out of fear that someone might see them, after all, they were in the middle of an empty road.

"This is the last one!" She said sternly before pinching his chin gently. Just when he felt her breath against his cheek, he turned swiftly, causing her lips to make a smooth unintended landing on his.

She was startled ; before she could react, his hands had already reached for her nape and his tongue inside her mouth.

With the lamppost being the only witness, their shared moment of intimacy left their hearts pounding with excitement as he walked her home. Of course, Hyunjin decided not to spend the night there. He couldn't trust himself.