chapter 42

previously-

i blinked and my eyes were met with the eyes of all of my friends.

"Naruto, is that... You?!"

___________________________

now-

i stepped in front of Naruto, my eyes locked on Tsunaide's form. We were right on time. This was when she wanted us here to discuss the wedding, and make some of the decisions. My green eyes held her in their sights.

"Tsunaide. What is the meaning of this?"

"well, gaara. we had to announce it at some point. Not much of-"

"why did you not inform me about this?"

"well i figured you would be against it." she said, sighing at my face. My arm tightened around Naruto. "well. too late now." i said nothing at her words. My eyes flicked back to our silent shocked audience.

"Gaara," Ino began, "Whats going on? what are you doing here?" i said nothing to her. Instead i turned my gaze away an looked at Naru. His face was pale.

"Naru," i said softly into his ear. "do you want to go home?" The blonde let out a soft whine. "Or do you want to announce it now? They can already see your belly."

"can- i dont-" the blonde sighed. "Will you tell them?" I nodded, and then glancing at Sasuke, placed a kiss on my Naru's forehead.

"Tsunaide. Where are the samples?" my attention was focused solely on Konoha Hokage.

"hmm? ah, right here." She pulled a folder out of the drawer and placed it on her desk. "i got rid of the pinks and blues. i figured that was not something you guys would be overly interested in." i led naruto up and pulled the chair up to the desk so he could sit. he needs his rest.

"yes. Naruto and i have talked, and we decided, an orange yukata would be good for Naruto. a red one for myself."

"big surprise there." she said sighing. "now, we need the major details outlined. Gaara. Who is your best man?" i frowned. hmm. who would make a good best man. i guess, kankuro would make a good best man.

"Kankuro."

"Eh? Him?" Her face fell as she looked at me. i shrugged. he is my brother after all. I don't see the problem. "your hopeless."

"um, whats is going on here?" my eyes flicked back to the blonde female.

"wedding preparations." i stated flatly, then i turned back towards Naruto and Tsunaide.

"wait, what?" i rolled my eyes at the Inuzuka.

"marriage?" Neji asked quietly. i took a deep breath. i understand that they are his friends, but you would think they could put two and two together. i looked back at the group. Naruto's closest friends. People with whom he had spent his life with in this village. My eye twitched slightly as i saw Sasuke standing among them.

"yes. i would like to marry him before the children are born." i said simply. Everyone in the room froze and i think i saw a cold icy wind blow through before kakashi broke the ice. hehe.

"i see." he said before sighing and looking over at Naruto. "i thought as much. You have always been a bit stubborn."

"hold on a moment, Kakashi, you were aware of the situation an you didn't tell me?" The voice of Iruka sounded out loudly, everyone winced at the volume.

"mmm. well......" kakashi lazily, puling out his book.

"how long have you known about this!?"

"since the team mission with Suna to capture the missing nins." Iruka sputtered, everyone else was in awe.

"that long?!" i glanced back at Naruto. He shrugged. Kakashi know more than he lets on. As per usual. "you two are hopeless. i cant believe i fell in love with someone as lazy as you." Iruka knocked his hand in kakashi hand, a bump already forming. "Gaara, i hope you have more luck than i do." With that he pick Kakashi up an started dragging him out. "if you will excuse us Tsunaide, i have to go have a little chat with Kakashi."

"ne! Iruka, we aren't workin-"

"your grounded. no sex for three weeks." That last look i caught on Kakashi face was one of pure horror as the door slid shut behind them. three weeks. Thats not even a full month. I have gone four. well, a couple days more and i will have gone four. I felt a strange smugness that i beat him. and irritation. mostly irritation.

"hmm. So you and gaara hmm?"
Sakura said thinking. "makes sense i suppose. Plus it would explain you eagerness to shit yourself up in your room all the time. She and Ino began to giggle softly before heading off to talk about something, They came bak after a brief moment though. i stifled a sigh. i really just want to continue with the wedding plans. ah well. not much i can do about this. Still, i slid my eyes over to Tsunaide after an hour dragged by and Naruto began to get fidgety. she got the clue and basically said, shoo shoo to everyone and made them leave. Thus we were able to finish the wedding plans in relative peace. Narutos friends accepted it. it was as if they had known the entire time. Now thats going to bug me.

___________________________
A/N-
If you are reading this story on any platform other than Wattpad, you are at risk for viruses and malware. If you wish to read this story on its original, safe platform, please go to:

http://my.w.tt/UiNb/MCWlA62RlF

This link will take you to the original author's profile where all of the works are. Thank you.