chapter 32

previously-

Hmm. i think I'm hungry again. Wonder if if they wouldn't mind stopping by Ichiraku's.....

___________________________

now-

Nearly a week has passed since gaara has came to Konoha. It was a blast. Sasuke didn't bug us, it was pure bliss. Though we were still a bit nervous. My village was a bit nosier about my life that Gaara's village was with his. But we managed.
Finally though.
They had to return to Suna.

"Dont worry Naruto. three days." i smiled. Three days. I could do it.

"come home soon." i snuck a swift kiss before he and his group turned and left. Sadness washed over me. I decided to go over to the training grounds for a while.

"naruto, where are you going?" Sasuke asked me quietly as my feet carried me away from the gate.

"training." he snorted.

"is that all you ever do?" i shrugged.

"its a habit, when i get bored, i train. i work. I make sure i am strong. That i keep getting stronger." he shook his head, but said nothing. We took up our positions across from each other. He took out his kunai and i took out mine. moments of silence passed. Then silently he launched himself towards me. My feet sidestepped and i twisted my body to face where i was just standing. He spun quickly, and landed upon his feet, i ducked down and kicked out. He legs came out from under me. he caught himself with his hands and latched onto m my ankle and flung me backwards. I turned and used the tree he had meant to slam me against as a boost in my jump back towards where he was standing. over and over again our blades clashed, neither of us uttering a single word. i could feel myself grow tired. weariness settled into my bone in a way i had not felt in a long time. My stamina must be running low. I pushed through it.
I jumped high over him and twisted so that i could launch my kunai at him as i jumped. I formed clones while i jumped, the result was a rain of kunai. i grinned. My shadow clone fading from existence.
I landed but to my surprise it was not on my feet. i gasped, and my ankle twisted as the world around me got blurry. I fell backwards panting.

"naruto?!" sasuke stood next to me, bringing me to my feet. Holding me steady. i wanted to vomit. I wanted to be in Gaara's arms. i blinked. why do i feel so much like crying. "since when have you had such low stamina?" i shook my head.

"dont know. i have felt off for almost this entire week. keep getting dizzy spells and weird cravings." sasuke looked at me for a moment before helping me onto his back. "hey! what are you doing!" i exclaimed loudly, protesting his actions.

"carrying you to the hospital. you cant walk with that ankle. " i sighed. he was right of course. but that didn't mean i couldn't complain about it. right? Sasuke carried me over rooftops towards the hospital. i was throughly upset by the time we got there.

"sasuke. why are you carrying me?"

"i already told you already. now be quiet."

"it would have healed soon anyway! it might have even healed by tomorrow!" he sighed.

"naruto. quit bing stubborn for once and let me take care of your wounds."

"but its fine! its just a little sprain!" he glared at me.

"naruto, i heard a crack. that was no little sprain."

"sure it is!" i exclaimed loudly.
nope. it wasn't.
Sakura was laughing at my stupid clumsiness. Sasuke simply stood with his arms crossed and Shizune seemed preoccupied with running every test she could possible run on me. It was frustrating to say the least. Sakura finally left, she had to go meet up with Lee. They were supposed to be meeting up with Neji and Sai.
Something nonsense about a double date.
Shizune came back from yet another test. This time with Tsunaide in tow. She glanced over at me silently. I rolled my eyes at her a stuck out my tongue. Such was the ways of greeting each other.

"naruto. i would like to run one more test i you don't mind." i sighed. She said it like a question. Its was more like a order. I held up my arms as she drew blood and walked off with it somewhere. i groaned. and fell back on the still hospital pillows which i piled up.

"this is taking forever~" i sat up and glared at Sasuke. "I wouldn't have to go through this if it weren't for you." the door slid open and Tsunaide came in. Her face was thoughtful. She kept glancing between me and Sasuke. Shizume stood quietly by her side.

"naruto." i turned to look at her.

"finally! this mean i can leave now?" she exchanged glances. tsunaide slowly began to smile,

"Congratulations Naruto! Congratulations Sasuke!" Shizune was grinning.

"i always knew you two would get together! i didn't know you already were!" she smiled. Im so happy for you two. Its going to be wonderful."
"just be sure to check in regularly. And everything should go smoothly."

"wait, what?" Sasuke said, throughly bewildered by the new turn i conversation. Shizune began to babble on about something but i couldn't understand any of it because of the pace at which she was speaking.

"stop!" i yelled out it, confused as to what was happening. "what are you talking about?! i don't understand!" i pleaded with her trying to understand the confusing nonsense which spewed from her mouth. she sighed.

"naruto, i cant believed you it hasn't clicked yet." Sasuke stepped forward, understanding set on his otherwise expressionless face.
Tsunaide stepped forward, joy and nervousness and a little bit of angry plain on her face. She opened her mouth and spoke three words. Those three words were all it took to take resemblance of normalcy in my life. and turn it upside down.

so much for my happy ending.

___________________________
A/N-
If you are reading this story on any platform other than Wattpad, you are at risk for viruses and malware. If you wish to read this story on its original, safe platform, please go to:

http://my.w.tt/UiNb/MCWlA62RlF

This link will take you to the original author's profile where all of the works are. Thank you.