chapter 40

previously-

I wondered, what Tsunaide has been telling everyone... So many questions lingered in my mind.

________________________

now-

--gaara--
i lingered over the papers checking over everything for the third time before sending it off with Temari to be sent to Konoha. The treaty plans have been running smoothly. Still. There was still work to be done. i worked through lunch time. i wanted to see Naruto if course. I wanted to make sure he was okay, but. I also wanted to get this done quickly. With the pregnancy moving so quickly, i wanted to get this treaty expedited. Finally the sun began to sink into the ever shifting dunes of the desert making way for the pale moon to hover over head the dry parched land. i nodded towards Temari and Mina. They had been working hard and i was glad to have them. If they hadn't been here, i doubt i would even have a shot at deadline. I worked for another hour, until finally rays of the burning sun had faded into darkness and stars were twinkling brightly overhead before i quit myself. The others already having left for the warmth of their beds and sleep. i made my way back home quickly, walking through the front door i wad greeted with the sight of a sleeping blonde. He lay curled up around his belly on the couch as if protecting it. even in his sleep. I smiled. My sand gently lifted him up and carried him to bed, where he could sleep more comfy. i pulled the papers which i had stowed away in my cloak out and laud them on the table. The door to the bedroom was open, moonlight shining on his golden hair and whiskers. I used a soft lamp to see by as i worked in the kitchen. I frown as i read the replies of various council members. Few of them were from Suna. Some from Konoha. each lining out requests, an demands to be met and carried out. I rubbed my forehead as i carefully replied to each letter, listing why the demands may not be met and explaining them, or perhaps, depending upon who it was, asking a for a few things myself. All of it being tactfully worded in flowery speech that could put just about any person to the depths of sleep.

"mm. Gaara?" i turned to see Naruto yawning and rubbing his eyes as he slowly made his way over towards me, his belly weighing him down.

"naruto, go back to sleep. you need you rest."

"so do you Gaara. you need to sleep just as much as i do" The blonde frowned slightly as i he saw the papers which lay strewn about the kitchen table. "we arent going to be able to eat breakfast if you work like that." he said, his eyes skimming the length of the table noting how each inch seemed to be cover in papers of one sort or another. i nodded.

"They will be out of the way soon."

"gaara. sleep. you going to really need it once the cubs are born. one cub can be hard to handle by itself. Two? now thats a nightmare waiting to happen. i mean think about it. Who is their mom?" i blinked and looked at him.

"you."

"uh huh. And if i recall correctly i was a handful even before i learned the shadow clone jutsu." i blinked again, i hadnt thought of that. oh dear. i sincerely hope that out two cubs do not learn that jutsu. ever. "now. come to bed. you need some sleep." i nodded and began to fold and out the papers away. "oh yeah. Gaara?"

"hmm?" i replied still busy putting the papers up.

"i started to clean out the weapons in the weapons room." i turned to look at him.

"what?" i asked him.

"well, when they are born they are going to need a room. and since we are lacking another room, i began to clean out that room." i nodded slowly as he spoke makes sense. I hadn't gotten that far. i was still focused on trying to make sure we would be able to keep them. but wait. where is he putting everything?

"where?...." i said trailing off looking a him curiously.

"over behind the couch. and under it. and around it." i blinked. i hadnt really noticed it. must not have moved much yet. hmm. this means i will have to build another room. but where? though it shouldn't be too difficult. the main thing is where would i put it. hmm. better to make it to. they will need their own bathroom. or well, wait. They can use the bathroom already there.... my mind began to turn thinking over the housing situation i had been faced with. Orgianally this house had worked wonderfully. Now however, with out family growing, and the fact tha it may grow again the future, it seemed as though it wasnt going to work well. The kitchen would need to be a bit bigger as well.... i sighed. i have my work cut out for me.

___________________________
A/N-
If you are reading this story on any platform other than Wattpad, you are at risk for viruses and malware. If you wish to read this story on its original, safe platform, please go to:

http://my.w.tt/UiNb/MCWlA62RlF

This link will take you to the original author's profile where all of the works are. Thank you.