chapter 34

previously-

"enter." i pursed my lips, swallowed my broken heart and walked through the door.
_________________________

now-

i woke up slowly. My room was dark. No light shone through my window. My eyes roamed around my ceiling lazily. Everything rushed back to my head as i started to sit up. i bit my lip. That when i realized, i wasn't alone. My eyes froze upon the figure who sat in the corner. Watching me.

"Sasuke." i said softly. "what are you doing here." i said flatly. More of a statement than a question.

"making sure your okay."

"im fine. leave." sasuke didnt move.

"you don't sound fine. people who are fine, don't have horse voices from crying in their sleep." i said nothing.
"naruto. i will wake you up if Gaara comes here."

"he wont." he frowned at my words. "he is waiting for me-" my voice cracked slightly, the dryness of my throat had made itself known. "-at home."

"where?" i looked down, and clenched the sheets. i couldnt tell Sasuke. How could. It was our safe haven. our home. it was...... a place for just the two of us. i felt a tear leak over. "naruto. im only going to drop you off over there. i wont stay." he stood up and walked over toward the bed and kneeled. "i swear. i just want you safe an happy. if thats where you are safe and happy, then i need to take you there. Even if i cant follow." i glanced up into his eyes. His tired, sad, broken eyes. i held out my hand.

"help me up?" i asked him. my voice was quiet in the dark room. I was putting a lot of trust into him, i could only hope he did as he said. "how many days?" i asked him.

"three." i took a deep breath. I'm late. Gaara has been waiting. I felt a wretch of worry. Gaara. i walked to my closet. My mirror was there, the clouds drifting along in perfect peace. It was so unexpected that i had to stop to watch. i was going through my own hard times, yet the world turned as though it was a blessing. i had forgotten to look at it, in that way. I was having a baby. my baby. Gaara's baby. i felt something stir, and i rested my hand on my belly. Our baby. Somehow, i felt, even though things would be bad. it would work out. somehow. A smile lifted the corners of my mouth. I stepped through the mirror and with the twirling of wind and the roar of sand. i was home. Standing in the entryway of my home. i smiled. i felt as though the world was just taken off if my shoulders. I darted towards our bedroom. Gaara was walking towards me.

--sasuke--

naruto went straight for Gaara. Who, in turn simply held out his arms as Naruto made himself comfortable nestled between his red heads arms. I clear my throat.

"sasuke." gaara nodded towards me. "why are you here?" he voice held no indication of his mood and i could not help but remember those chunnin exams which seemed as though they had happened decades ago.

"i was concerned for Naruto's well being so i want to be sure he got home safe." i nodded towards Gaara and then towards Naruto. "i will take my leave now." i turned and made fir a quick exit through the cloudy mirror. weird thing.

"why?" Gaara's voice rang out stopping me in my tracks. i could not help but feel a tad resentful of the red head.

"Thats not my place to say. I believe Naruto will be able to inform you on the situation. Tomorrow however i will be sure to bring as much information back as i can. It should be easy. Even without Naruto by my side." I said the curtly. i tried to be nice but it felt as though i was having everything rubbed into my face. I did not enjoy it. I stepped through the mirror and left.

--Naruto--

that Teme. I almost wish he had chosen to stay then i wouldn't have to tell Gaara myself. i already felt a touch nervous. I mean. how could i not? Its not as though we really talked a lot about kids. I mean sure there was that time i the bathtub, but it was an overly in deeply conversation. i bit my lip as Sasuke left and Gaara turned towards me.?

"Naruto." Gaara stood for a moment before his sand scopped me up and swept off towards the bedroom where it laid be down gently. Gaara came in and sat down. "You'll need you rest if your hurt." He kissed be forehead. i blushed slightly.

"I'm not hurt! I'm perfectly fine"

"Sasuke seemed to be convinced
otherwise."

"I am perfectly healthy!" i said before frowning slightly. Well. i am a guy having a baby. "I am almost perfectly healthy!" i said loudly.

"Im sure you are." he said. a small smile on your face. "all the same. Rest for a bit. if only for me." i huffed

"fine." i said giving in. "but i going to tell you now, i am not staying in bed for nine freaking months." Gaara turned back looking startled.

"why would you need to?" i groan inwardly to myself. i let that slip. well. i do need to tell him. I guess it would better to do it sooner rather than later. so does not make it any easier.

"well....." i said. "funny thing about that."gaara sat up straight and look at me.

"tell me." i bowed my head down in slight shame and nerves.

"okay." I could see his eyes making quick swift glances all along my body looking for any sign of damage. i knew the nine month thing would mess with him. Then again makes sense. It doesn't even take that long for two broken ribs and shattered leg to heal. At least for me anyway. i took a deep breath.

"Well, Gaara. How do you feel about becoming a daddy?"

___________________________
A/N-
If you are reading this story on any platform other than Wattpad, you are at risk for viruses and malware. If you wish to read this story on its original, safe platform, please go to:

http://my.w.tt/UiNb/MCWlA62RlF

This link will take you to the original author's profile where all of the works are. Thank you.