chapter 26 - decision

previously-

no way in hell was i going to look bad in front of Naruto again.
__________________________

now-

i felt impatient at we headed back towards the village, the dragging slow pace it seemed we were traveling at bugged me to no end.

"oi, naruto. slow down!" i heard sakura yell from behind me. irritation shot through me briefly. maybe i don't want to slow down. but still, i sighed and tried to slow my pace even further. its going to take forever! to get back to Konoha. my mind seemed to be miles away as i thought of Gaara at home, waiting for me to come back. as i thought. we really are traveling way too slow.

--gaara--
i walked out of the council room with various thoughts running through my mind. most of them concerning my naru-chan. others, me mulling over the topic of the next kazekage. which is what the elders had been talking with me and a few other over the course of a few weeks. the narrowed down the votes to two candidates. Mina Tepes, and myself. The elders decided that Konoha, was going to play a factor in the final decision. so, we, along with one person of our choice, will be leaving, early Tomorrow morning in order to visit Konoha. i overhead small conversations, among some of the villagers as i made my way over towards my siblings home. a slight frown formed on my face. the support was torn between myself and Mina. although many believed that since Konoha was to play a factor that i would lose. since i was one i the people that had i fact attacked them. but, that was a while back. i believed a little differently, I already have Naruto's support. and with his support comes his friends. with time of course. i felt some of my nerves go away. but not leave entirely. there was, however small it may be. a chance of me not making kazekage. i sighed. my eyes trailed upwards towards the appearance of faint stars as i sat upon my siblings roof. i wonder if Naruto will be back soon.

--sasuke--
i jumped quickly following behind naruto, a seed of doubt forming in the back of my mind. why is he so anxious. why is it that he seems to desire to get to home so quickly? he doesn't have anyone waiting for him does he? i shook my head. i hope not.

(time skip)

naruto sighed happily as we entered the gate of konoha. he turned quickly and waved at Sakura and Kakashi.

"bye guys, im heading home. see you later!" then dashed off.

"well. thats settles that." kakashi said reading his book.

"what?" sakura asked.

"Naruto has a lover waiting for him."Kakashi then proceeded to walk away towards, well. where ever Kakashi goes to read the perverted book. disappointment ran through me. Naruto, has a lover. and its not me. i sighed heavily, then came onto a conclusion. i would confess. i would confess and if he rejects me, then i would leave him be. he deserves that much. Naruto, is strong, he deserves, more than anyone i know to be happy. even if that means I'm not. my mind reflected back to the last time i had tried to confess to the blonde. he had violently rejected me. i knew he would do the same again. but, i still hoped. is that wrong of me? i sighed and made my way towards his apartment. walking through the crowds of people, all laughing and chatting happily. i realized something. i realized, that I'm alone. truly. sakura had moved on, Naruto had found someone to love him, and love him back. konoha itself, though welcoming me back with open arms, had not fully welcomed me back. i was still alone. completely. utterly. alone. as i reached Naruto's door, my hand raised up and knocked on the door. i was alone, but at the same time, no matter how alone i am, i felt as though, Naruto would be here for me. he always is. i knocked on the door. a hollow sound echoing from inside. i noticed now the windows were dark. the lights were off. Naruto wasn't here. a soft sob ran through me. cold tears began to leak from the corner of my eyes.
i see. so, this is the consequence of my decision. i sighed heavily, and decided to wait for Naruto. my lip quirked into a faint smirk, though it didn't reach my eyes. i went around and crawled into his bedroom window, an Stretched out on his bed. and began to wait.

__________________________
A/N-
If you are reading this story on any platform other than Wattpad, you are at risk for viruses and malware. If you wish to read this story on its original, safe platform, please go to:

http://my.w.tt/UiNb/MCWlA62RlF

This link will take you to the original author's profile where all of the works are. Thank you.