chapter 24 - Gates Of Konoha

Previously-

"I love you, Gaara." I kissed him. He nodded. And i stepped back and stepped through my mirror.
______________________

Now-

I sighed as Naruto left and stood, glancing around the house. without Naruto around i felt bored.
I picked up my clothes and went about cleaning them. i threw them into the washer and then walked towards the kitchen cleaning up the remains of breakfast from earlier this morning. i scrubbed the bowls clean before putting them away, then scrubbed the chop sticks that we had used with our ramen. i stretched my arms out above and let out a deep breath. with nothing to do, i wandered Around the house scrubbing and cleaning. the now spotless house sat waiting and i was struck once more with the realization, I'm dating Naruto. Naruto and i have made a home for ourselves, far away from people, or the distractions of anyone. We, are together, happy.
then a thought trickled down into my mind.

how long will that last?

i whistled an old tune that i had long since forgotten the name of. i wandered down to the gate of konoha, making sure there were in fact people who saw me come out of my home. i yawned and proceed to pick up speed towards the gate, where my team was expecting me. Sasuke stood further away from Sakura and Kakashi, with arms crossed and face full of annoyance and boredom. he noticed me first, greeting with a slight nod an for a spilt second i thought i saw a..... smile? Then Sakura's fist connected with me. i grunted.

"hi, sakura. sorry I'm late." i muttered out. my hand on my stomach. the sound of book being shut abruptly silenced any reply which she may have had, as Kakashi looked over at me.

"i make the effort to be early, and we still end up waiting." kakashi sighed. "why do i bother?" after he said these words he turned and walked out the large gate of konoha. Sakura flashed me a glare but turned to follow him. i yawned slightly, as Sasuke fell in step beside me, not saying a word. i felt curious, but otherwise didn't question the sometime strange moods of the uchiha. my eyes wandered upwards for a brief moment. Gaara, i will be home soon. i smiled softly to myself.
home.

i walked beside Naruto silently. wrestling with my emotions. I'm an Uchiha, this cant happen. im supposed to carry on my line. to have more little Uchiha's. my eyes flicked over to gaze at him. only to see his face tilted upwards towards the sky. a gentle smile was on his face. my heart skipped a beat and i felt my heart ache in strange new way. a way, that only Naruto seems able to do to me. why? why can Naruto make me feel this way. why is smiling like that? i turned my face away from the golden haired boy and focused on the mission at hand. though my eyes kept sliding towards him. i fought hard to keep myself in check. i sighed inwardly.
why,

why of all people did i fall in love
with Naruto?

__________________________
A/N-
If you are reading this story on any platform other than Wattpad, you are at risk for viruses and malware. If you wish to read this story on its original, safe platform, please go to:

http://my.w.tt/UiNb/MCWlA62RlF

This link will take you to the original author's profile where all of the works are. Thank you.