chapter 33

previously-

She opened her mouth and spoke three words. Those three words were all it took to take resemblance of normalcy in my life. and turn it upside down.

so much for my happy ending.
___________________________

now-

my stomach dropped. i felt as though i was going to vomit. thats not possible. i turned to face tsunaide, my gut trembling in a way it had never done before.

"is that true?" she nodded.

"yep! I'm so happy for you! You and Sasuke will make wonderful parents."

"are sure?!" i asked, pleading with her. "are you sure you didn't mix up anything? that you didn't mess anything up?!"

"of course I'm sure!" she snapped. We conducted multiple tests to be sure, why do think you've been here for so long? for an ankle thats mostly likely already healed? " she snorted. "yeah right." she yawned. "well, i gotta be going brat. we'll leave you two alone to get used to the idea of being parents. You can leave when ever~" she called over her shoulder as she walked out. i sat, staring blankly in shock at the wall. this couldn't be happening. it couldn't. it just couldn't.

"Naruto. Are you alright?" Sasuke asked, slowly walking forward. i nodded towards him numbly.

"just, take me home." i said softly. He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of bed and carried me to my little apartment. The trip passed in silence. what could i say to Gaara? Hey Gaara. Im pregnant and everyone thinks their Sasuke's? This left us with only two options. Come out and hope for the best, or..... we wait.
Maybe Sasuke could be a decent foster father. My mind hurt. Gaara would never do that. He would try everything in his power to be a good loving father. Everything his father wasn't. But if we told everyone. There is no guarantee he would even be able to see them. or me. My head hurt. my heart hurt。everything hurt. Oh Gaara. Come home fast. I need you. Now more than ever.

--Sasuke--

I walked next to Naruto silently. I murmured soft words into hid ear which served to guide him on his walk to his house. Luckily we ran into none of our comrades. I don't think Naruto in his current state would be able to handle interaction with them. I guided Naruto into his house and Set him on his bed. He fell asleep quickly. Nerves and anxiety quickly wearing him out. I sighed and decided it would be best to seek more information about from Tsunaide. I glanced at Naruto's sleeping form and frowned. I doubted he would do anything, but it would be best if i hurried. Something in my gut told me to not leave Naruto unattended for to long. I jumped through his window and made my way over to Tsunaides. Even jumping over the roof tops proved somewhat different today. Though, i could not fathom why. It seemed ordinary in every way and everything seemed the same.
Perhaps it was the insight that made i seem different.
Naruto was pregnant with Gaara's children.
I knew that they were together.
I knew it.
But the realization that Naruto is pregnant, made seem to much more real. so much more, heartbreaking.
I would never compete with Gaara.
I could never hope to, I don't think. I lost that privilege a long tome ago. My mind lingered over the image of Naruto's shell shocked face. The look in his eyes as he understood what Tsunaide had been speaking about.
The moment of understanding where he realized everyone thought i was the father.
That Gaara and Naruto, would most likely be unable to raise their children together like a normal family. as i lept over the roof tops i could only think of Three options open to them.
option number one, they come out into the open.This ruins the chance the Gaara has to become Kazekage and Narutos chance for Hokage, as well as the added fact that the onslaught might result in a war between the two villages over such powerful children. Naruto and Gaara would not be able to keep them.
option two. Remain a secret. I could serve a the father in Gaara's absence, i would be doing so with no ill intentions of course. Gaara and Naruto would continue the secret love meeting they have been having. I felt a wave of sadness. I could handle that. I think, i could accept being a father in only title. The idea hurt. Like thorns shoved into my heart. No matter how har i tried, i still loved Naruto. I could give him things which Gaara could not. I wish. I wish....

I wish that wishes could come true.

I sighed as i stood outside of Tsunaides door. My hand knocked gently upon the door.

"enter." i pursed my lips, swallowed my broken heart and walked through the door.

___________________________
A/N-
If you are reading this story on any platform other than Wattpad, you are at risk for viruses and malware. If you wish to read this story on its original, safe platform, please go to:

http://my.w.tt/UiNb/MCWlA62RlF

This link will take you to the original author's profile where all of the works are. Thank you.