30. Muskaan jhoothi hai

Muskaan jhoothi hai..
Pehechaan jhoothi hai..

。⁠◕⁠‿⁠◕⁠。

The Royal Heights, Edinburgh, Scotland

Anaya's pov

I switched the laptop off and drank some more water from my water bottle kept on the nightstand of my bed.

I was finally feeling better.

Fictional world does make you feel nice.

It makes you disconnected from the reality and by imagining the character's situation one can definitely think about certain ways that their minds normally cannot think about.

About Niharika, the police had started the investigation and Shubh said the culprit would be caught soon.

He had been too much supportive and behaved very much softly with me.

I mean he has always been soft to me but, now he had been more.

I stopped my guards from telling anything to Amrit bhai about whatever was happening. If he knew, he will bring me back to India.

And I don't want that.

Now someone might call me stupid for all this but nobody can imagine my situation right now.

Amrit bhai is the person who has always kept me like a thing that is easily breakable and has always warned me.

After the Kairav incident he had always stopped me from every single thing.

"Anaya you wont go there, you wont have friends with that person, you wont do this and that" and what fucking not!

He had basically the whole control of my life.

I know he agreed for Edinburgh but I also know that all this is because of Manheer bhabi and not because he internally wanted me to.

He had warned me before coming here that if by chance anything happened, he won't allow me to go even out of the castle.

Now imagine if he got to know this, what he would do!

I am scared to tell him anything.

I am scared of what he would do because-

Because he sometimes can get very scary.

I love him, he is my brother, but I just don't know how he will react.

He will kill me, because I didn't listen to him.

4 days since that incident and I have been so engrossed in my book to divert my mind.

I finally feel better today.

I won't say I am perfectly fine. Ofcourse you lost your classmate, how can you be perfectly fine?

But yes I am better.

I was still wearing my comfy clothes sitting in my bed in the blanket. I put the blanket away and started wearing my slippers when something caught my eye.

I looked at my study desk and see The Deception Trilogy books.

A smile comes on my face.

I had bought these when I went to the cafe bookstore.

I didn't even get time to read these.

And then all this mess happened!

I change my clothes and wear a white t-shirt, black leather jacket and dark blue wide leg jeans.