28. THE EXECUTION

Cornerstone ltd. Mumbai

Nisha reached the HQ of cornerstone and she was very nervous. It's not that she doubted herself, but this was going to be a huge mission. Any wrong move would put herself and her company into trouble.

She approached the front desk, asking for an appointment with HR.

"Hi, I'm Nisha. I actually had an appointment with HR today. May I-"

" Oh, you are Nisha tripathi. Mr. Bunty had asked us to ping him when you arrive. He was talking highly of your works" the receptionist praised

"Oh is it" Nisha gave a sheepish smile.

"Ya. You can meet him in 15 minutes. He'll be free" she said.

After 15 minutes, Nisha went to Bunty's cabin.

"Hey Nisha , please take your seat." Bunty invited her.

"Thanks Sir."

"So, Nisha. I've gone through your CV. It's quite commendable. I don't need your introduction. Tell me one thing Nisha. Why did you leave SKYevents in just a month. They are a top firm" Bunty asked.

"You are right. They are a very successful firm. That's why don't have much of a role there. I feel like everything is spoon-fed and things are quite boring. I want a challenging position. Since cornerstone is still growing, I felt you will have more competitive positions here. Like you personally manage your celebrity clients. If you don't mind, I could lend my hands in helping in that aspect. I have experience in managing some of the known celebs in the industry" Nisha said with confidence. Even though she was nervous inside, she never let it surface on her face.

"Hmm. That's right. We have a lot of challenging positions here. And coming to big clients, I have to be present there most of the times by myself. I can't trust anyone else in my place" Bunty said nodding his head .

"I think my CV is good enough to be trusted. I can handle it perfectly, you can trust me" Nisha twisted her answer trying not to be too obvious.

"So you have right away come for the top position huh?" Bunty let out a chuckle.

"Not really. I'll work wherever the company needs me. But I just want to say that I'm capable of handling even the topmost position " Nisha said with a smile.

"I like your confidence. But right now, all the other clients are in a settled state. Only one man, our biggest client Virat Kohli's portfolio is still growing. And a lot of work needs to be done. And new clients are very little, since I'm trying to manage Virat. So I have to be with him most of the times. I wish I could be there for more time. Anyways, I'll give you the office role right now. If there's any need, I'll definitely approach you. In the meantime, you can study about our clients" he said smiling.

Nisha felt like she lost. She didn't come here for the office job.But she had to be patient till Rohan dumps new clients one by one on Bunty.

"I'll study Virat Kohli's file sir." Nisha said out of the blue.

"Not just Kohli, everyone's file. We never know, where you'll be needed. It's a bad idea to start with Kohli, you'll never reach the other files." Bunty said with a smirk.

"It's ok. I'll manage. I want to start with the biggest client, it will motivate me." Nisha said standing up.

"Good, all the best"

"Thank you " Nisha left.

More than anything, Bunty was impressed with her confidence. He felt like after so many years, he got a colleague whom he could trust. And her attitude was tailor-made to work with the celebrities.