14. ASKING HER HAND

(pardon me for grammatical or spelling mistakes as I wrote it in a hurry . I will edit it soon, if any)

Mumbai 2016

The IPL got over and there was a month off for Virat . The last match happened to be in Mumbai. After the match , he called Anushka. They had planned to meet her family and sort out all the issues before telling about the marriage.

Virat was quite nervous to talk to her dad. So he called her before going to her place. She was at her mom's house as she knew he would be coming.

"Hello"

"Yes Mr. Kohli, nervous much?" She joked at him.

"Virat Kohli doesn't fear anyone, ok?" He said in cool tone.

"Aisa hai kya? Then we'll see. I won't open the door. You come , and let dad open, ok bye-" she threatened him for fun.

"Arey nhi nhi, it was joke baba. I don't fear anyone except your dad" he said pleading.

"Then come and ask for my hand, from my dad" she challenged him.

"Marriage is secondary, first let him Atleast know that we are back in relationship" he whined.

"What? Marriage is secondary for you? Then don't come" she was pulling his leg.

"Arey nahiii, please try to understand me" he sounded very tensed

"Ok Virat , calm down. I'm just joking, you take your time . Tell what you can, even if he doesn't accept you now, he will do it eventually. So don't get upset " her words calmed him down.

He was driving to her place wearing a white shirt and trousers. Which looked like proper formals.

As Virat reached near the door, he called her to open. She came and opened the door.

"Arey wah, have you come here to ask for my hand from dad or to impress my dad" she admired him.

"Chup kar. I don't want to leave any stone unturned. That's why came in formals -" as he completed talking her dad walked out.

"Tumhe mana kiya tha na yahaan aane se" her dad was still pissed off because of him.

"Baba, please" Anushka felt more hurt.

"Sir, please give me one chance. Just the one chance. Let me talk to you for 5 minutes" Virat requested and her did not retaliate.

So he slowly paved the couch near her dad and sat there.

"Uncle, I know I've hurt your daughter a lot. Tears have fallen because of me. I have genuinely apologised to Anushka and she said she wanted her dad to know about us.
She doesn't want to hide it anymore.
Last time I could not fulfill the promise I made you. but this time, I won't promise anything which I can't fulfill " Virat looked at him with hope .

It looked like her dad was giving it a thought. He saw genuinity in Virat's face. For some reason he felt that he can be trusted again.

"Anushka, will you go inside, I want to talk to him alone for a second" dad told Anushka in a stern voice.

She went inside.

"Virat, I love her a lot. Because of you , she was absolutely shattered last time. I won't accept anything like that again. If you make my daughter cry, I will never forgive you again. And this time , I'm serious " he ordered Virat.

"I won't give fake promises uncle, I swear. I will try my level best to keep her happy. And I won't do anything which will hurt her." Virat said with honesty.