7 IN THIS TOGETHER

Hi fam, this is a confession chapter.
Please do not miss out ❤️.
Happy reading!

After the IPL, Anushka accompanied Virat to England for the 5 match test series in July.

England 2014

Virat POV

We reached England 3 days before the test . We were both excited for the match to start.

"Virat , I will be there only for the first 3 matches. I'll have to leave after that." She informed me.

"Why? Are you busy?" I asked her

"Ya. I have some commercial shoots and after that, my next movie shooting will start a week after" she told me.

"That's fine, you'll be here for almost a month right, that'll do for me" I winked at her.

.
.
.

First test

In the first test match, Kohli scored 1 and 8. Even though the match was drawn, he was sad that he couldn't contribute much.

He was sitting on the bed, thinking about it. Anushka approached him.

"It's ok Virat , it's just the first match. We have 4 more left. You'll do good." She tried to calm him down

" But how can I get out like this. I felt so confused out there " he said.

He got over his emotions before the second test match.

Second test

Soon the second test match started. Before going to the game , he was looking in the mirror and standing calmly.

"You'll do well" Anushka whispered in his ears from behind. He felt better.

He gave a positive smile to her and hugged her before going to the game.

In the first innings he got out on 25.

As he came back after the 1st innings, he felt that now he scored a little better than the last match and there is only room for improvement.

But as it turned out, he got out on a golden duck in the second innings.

At that moment, he realised there was something really wrong happening with him. His game was getting worse. Even though India won the match, he was not very happy.

.
.
.

Later that day

Virat came back to the room.

Anushka hugged him and said "congratulations for the win"

She was trying to distract him from what was happening.

"Thank you" he said in a low voice and went to the bath.

She knew he was very sad. But she was not sure how to deal with this. Because this is the first time she was involved in someone's career so much.

As he came back, she prepared tea for both of them.

"Here Virat" she gave him the tea.

"Thank you, come sit" he invited her to the balcony.

There was an awkward silence while drinking the tea.

Anushka broke the silence and asked " Virat, do you wanna tell me something?"

"What" he knew what she was referring to. But he didn't say.

She had to start " Do you know why this is happening. I mean , I am not educated enough to talk about cricket but do you think it's your mistake or is it just the luck factor"