36. SPILLING THE HEART OUT

So someone requested a Sunday bonus.
Here it is.
Please don't forget to shower your love in comments and voting.
Happy reading ❤️.

The next day in Sharma house was very hectic. All were involved in decorations and arrangements. Anushka forgot everything because of the busy day. She didn't have much time to ponder about other things.

After lunch, she went and sat with her father. She knew her dad didn't like Virat much, but she wanted to talk to her dad particularly about him. Because if she talked to her mom, she would definitely take his side, because she loved both of them equally.

"Baba, I want to talk about Virat " she said sitting beside him.

He immediately looked at her and smiled. " Of all the people, you want to talk to me about him?"

"You still don't like him, do you?" She asked with a smile.

"Aise koi baat nhi hai beta. He has handled a lot of things in the past year. His career, baby, you.. I feel somewhere he lacked a bit of structure. but after all these, I feel I was simply doubting his capability " he said looking at her .

"Baba, he has changed a lot. Virat aisa nhi tha. Wo kaafi reserved ho gaya hai. He doesn't share anything with me anymore. He's no more that jolly good fellow he was, Something has changed" she said looking outside.

"Of course a lot has changed Nushkie. He has gone through a lot, as much as you have gone through, probably more than that. But you know what, your pain always came out infront of us. In the form of anger,hate, or whatever disease. So we knew how to treat it. But the pain he went through is unknown. Because it never came out in any form. He always squeezed it inside, he never let his guard down. That's why it is dangerous, it will eat him from inside and no one would know, not even himself. He never shared it with anyone either." Her dad explained. Anushka's eyes welled up.
She took the pills and showed it to her dad.

"What's this, sleeping pills?" Her dad asked.

"I got it from Virat's shelf" she said with her wet eyes.

"This is what I told you. When you don't share it with anyone, you will be so burdened with it that you'll have to use these things to sleep. It takes a lot of courage to show your emotions to the world, especially as a man. People find you weak, and you never know whom to trust with. You were the only one to whom he showed his true self, you had also gone away from him, that's why he probably started suppressing it. And now, he has forgotten how it was to open up to you, to show love. He's scared how you will react " her dad threw light into that matter. He was making a lot of sense. Things were getting clearer for Anushka.

"But baba, I told him I'm fine. I asked him why, but he's saying he might hurt me, that's why he's not getting closer to me. What does that mean? He has always loved me. I know once it happened, but I forgave him." Her voice quivered.

"But did you tell him that he's forgiven? Did you tell him that you still love him?" Her dad asked.

"Yes I did. I told him I've no grudges but ..I didn't say I love him directly. I mean whenever I try to get closer to him, he runs away from me" she said.

"Just like he put a lot of efforts to heal you, you too have to do the same. Unconditional love, without expecting anything from him. Don't force things on him. Just like he did with you. He has probably forgotten what love is " her dad said leaving a long sigh.

"But he's not allowing me to do anything. He's not even letting me inside his circle, then how am I going to heal him" she asks.

"You'll have to talk to him straight, and find a solution yourself. Like I said, we don't know how deep his wounds are unless he himself gives a hint. Do something beta, Save him. He needs you as much as you need him. And don't forget Ved. He's still young, he doesn't know these things, but if you want him to lead a happy and normal life, you'll have to forget the past and sort out your issues." Her dad patted her and went out .