9 GET TOGETHER

After the successful tour to Australia for Virat, both of them left home.
Meanwhile Anushka invited Virat for a dinner with her family.

Mumbai

Anushka POV

Even though I used to meet Virat in tours and in frequent breaks, I never said about our relationship to my family. I thought this is the right time to tell them. Virat already told it to his family.

I was a little nervous, but I was sure that my family would support it. Because they also wanted to see me settled.

I reached the place at night. Next morning I wanted to break the news to my family.

My dad and mom were sitting on the dining table and drinking coffee. Before telling them, I called Kannu (brother) also to the table.

"Maa, baba , I want to tell something to you guys" I said nervously.

"Haan bolo beta" my mom said.

"Wo mein aur ...uh" I was stumbling.

"Bolo" my dad said.

"Mein aur Virat.... we both are in a relationship " I said and gulped .

There was silence in the room and my mom and dad exchanged looks

"Jaisa kisi ko pata nhi tha" kannu said.

"I know, obviously you guys might have noticed. But I wanted to say it by myself " I told to everyone.

"Beta, why didn't you tell this before?" Mom asked me a bit unhappy.

"I'm sorry maa. You are right, I should've told you. But there was something in me which was stopping me." I reasoned.

" Maa aap khush nhi ho" I got tensed by their reactions.

"Nhi beta, there's nothing like that. I'm happy that you are getting settled. But be vigilant, don't jump the gun" my mom warned me.

" Maa, I didn't take any decision quickly. We have invested so much time and efforts to this relationship. Only after being so sure, I'm informing you guys. That's why it took so much time, I'm sorry" I was very sad I hid it.

"It's ok beta, mera ashirvad hai tumhare saath" she wished me.

My dad was still quiet and not looking at me.

"Baba, tell something na. Why are you so quiet " I felt nervous.

"Kya bolun, you are taking all the decisions by yourselves. I know you guys are grown ups. But atleast we have the right to know what's happening, right?" He said seriously.

I felt so bad about it. Tears were forming in my eyes .

"Baba leave it. She said right, she first wanted to be sure about her feelings." Kannu supported me .

"Baba, you both watch cricket right. Aapko Virat pasand hai na?" I asked him nervously.

"I like him" kannu said immediately.

"Dekho beta, I can't judge him based on his cricketing skills. He's not here to play cricket with you , hain na. But yes, I have been watching him for a solid 4 to 5 years regularly. His game is excellent no doubt but....-"

"But what papa" I asked him with a little fear.

"-but I'm not a big fan of his attitude, he gets riled up very easily. He doesn't have control over his emotions. " dad pointed out.

"But dad, that's how he plays his game. How does that matter to us?" Kannu was defending.

"You keep quiet kannu. I'm talking to her. What if he gets riled up like that on your sister, what if he can't control his emotions infront of her, would you still accept it" dad said angrily to kannu.