12. THE REUNION

(Note : Slightly mature content)

Someone knocked . Virat opened the door and he choked on his breath for a moment.

It was Anushka .

Virat POV

She was standing there with a bright smile and tears in her eyes. She walked towards me into the room and closed the door from behind.

I was walking backwards with disbelief and trying to process that she was standing infront of me. My eyes started to overbrim with tears.

She came towards me and jumped on to me. Wrapping her hands and legs around me with her head down on my shoulders. I lost my balance and somehow managed to stand upright.

To be honest, I don't know what emotions I was going through. Tears were literally flowing like a river.

There was joy, there was pain , there was anger, there was desperation and most importantly, there was my love who was right in my arms clinging on to me like a baby.

I cannot put together words to describe what I felt. It was all worth the wait. I could wait forever for such a moment. The fact that I was drenched in sweat and now my whole body had heated up again and now sweat was dripping off me.

"This is all I wanted you to do Virat" she said still crying on my shoulder.

"What" I asked.

"The defending post" she said tightening her grip on me.

I wanted to see her. I removed one hand from her waist and tried to lift her head from my shoulder to see her.
But she had pressed herself so tightly, I couldn't see it.

I went to sit down on the bed, with her still hanging on to me. Now she was on my lap.

"Anu look at me" I said wiping my tears and still holding onto her waist , trying to adjust her on my lap .

She slowly raised her head to look at me and she had turned red like a Tomato with all the crying. She touched my forehead with hers.

"Stop crying" I wiped her tears. I didn't want to see her crying anymore.

She slowly laid me back on the bed with my legs left hanging on the edge of the bed and herself still on my lap. She put her legs back and was going to lay on top of me. I stopped her.

"Anu, I'm sweating like anything, I'll bath and come" I told her.

"How does that matter right now" she said as I broke her moment. She was still leaning towards me.

"But you will start smel-" before I could tell further, she locked her lips on mine.
.
.

Both of them closed their eyes to drown in each other. Both their lips were fighting for dominance. But Virat let her win this time. They only separated when they were short of breath.