4 DINNER NIGHT

Mumbai 2013

Virat POV

It was day 3 of the shoot. And I was really enjoying this until yesterday when all those rumours spread out.
Now I was just hoping everything gets over fast. I hope Anushka is not stressed about this.

I was already late for the shoot by about half an hour . I had my breakfast and rushed to the set.

I was feeling so awkward after yesterday's reports. So I didn't know what to talk . I changed myself and went to the shooting area where all were waiting for me.

"I'm so sorry guys" I apologised to everyone.

"It's ok Virat, now let's get going" the director said.

I went to Anushka and she asked for fun " Good morning sir, why so early?"

I replied in a neutral expression "I'm so sorry, I felt so sleepy yesterday "

Anushka was surprised with the reaction " are you okay?" She looked concerned

" Ya, let's start" I gave a quick fake smile and changed the topic to shooting.

I was fine but I was concerned about what she might be thinking about it. I have encountered various criticisms from the media , but it was the first time I'm feeling attacked by them.

We went about the shoot and didn't have much talk in between.

Anushka POV

Virat looked very stressed. It was probably because of what happened yesterday. But to see him like this was something different for me.

I tried to start a conversation many times but he was just talking cut to cut and closing the talk.

I thought I'll ask him to have dinner with me for today so that we can solve the problem.

As he was scrolling through the phone, I asked him "Virat, since you are new to the city, you might not be going out , right. So why don't you come with me today, we'll have dinner outside "

"No" A sudden reply came from his side.

"But why? Are you busy" I asked without thinking much.

" Didn't you see what happened yesterday, we should stop getting their unnecessary attention. So I don't think it's a good idea " he said calmly .

I felt bad about it for a moment. But then I understood the repercussions of it. He was right, we should try to avoid media.

"Alright, I get you" I told him with a smile and left to change.

VIRAT POV

As she left , I felt a little bad . I think, I hurt her. She asked me with so much hope. But isn't that the right decision to not go out ?. But my heart was not agreeing with this rational decision.

I changed and waited outside her vanity van. As she came out , I immediately said "I'm sorry"

"For what" she asked being curious.

"I shouldn't have denied you for dinner" I said sadly.

"No Virat, you are right. We should not grab unwanted attention " she said strongly.

" Ya but we can find some other way. Somewhere we won't be spotted" I told her being excited.

" A moment ago you denied me blindly, now look at you convincing me to go out" she gave a suspicious look and smiled.

She was right, It was her plan but why am I getting so excited.

I tried to change the awkward scene and said "why don't you come to my room, it's safe. we'll order something and have dinner. I'll drop you off after that"