11. THE LONG WAIT

It's been 4 months since the incident. Neither of them called each other or messaged or met.

Both made themselves super busy in their careers. So that does not get the gap to think and miss each other. That was a smart idea but the memories still lingered in their minds every now and then.

There were allegations in the media that they are broken up. So there were constant questions on their relationship whenever they had an interview or press.

Virat, who had lost his love because of the media and people was absolutely blunt while addressing them. He fumed whenever a question was raised on their relationship.

As with Anushka , she ignored the question.

The 4 months were bitter in their personal life but both of them were immensely successful in their respective careers.

December 2015

Virat POV

I have one week off before I leave for the Asia Cup to Bangladesh. I wanted to message Anushka, I was getting desperate. I wanted to know what she's doing, how she is.

The numbers were already blocked. And she unfollowed me on Instagram. So I thought I'll message her through that. The moment I opened the inbox I remembered, 'Will you do one more thing for me . For our love, for our relationship?'

I stopped myself, unfollowed and blocked her on Instagram. It was one of the hardest things to do. Whenever I think of her, tears form in my eyes. My heart starts to ache.

*Someone knocks the door*

I opened the door and it was Bunty, my manager. "Hi bunty, what's up."

"Nothing much. I have some work for you" he sighed.

"Ya. It's off, tell me" I asked him to take a seat.

" Uh...We have a set of shoot scheduled for clear shampoo commercial" he stuttered while speaking.

My eyes were wide open. I looked at him swiftly "really, when?"

"In 2 days..." Bunty didn't sound much excited.

I couldn't wait to finally see her. Atleast in the name of shoot. And moreover we had met in the sets of this commercial earlier.

He spotted a smile on my face after a long time.

"Virat, one more thing, Anushka has backed off from the deal. The new ambassador is Ileana D'Cruz " he said looking down.

I was sitting on the edge of the sofa. I clasped the sofa edges with my fists. I was broken again with what I heard. I can't imagine myself doing this with anyone else.

Bunty came near me and patted my shoulder to Console me. He knew what I wanted.

"Bunty, this will be the last stint with Clear from my side, we are closing this deal after this" he said to Bunty.

Mumbai

Virat reached Mumbai after 2 days for the shoot. As usual, her house is on the way to the sets . When he drove by, he stopped there for a few minutes. He looked up to her floor in the hope that he'll see her.

When he looked down, he saw her mom and dad coming out. He immediately left for the shoot.
.
.
.
.
Anushka POV

I was in London for the shoot of my upcoming movie. It was very difficult for me to do enjoy anything without thinking about him. Why did he do so much in so little time.

I looked through the old photos we had clicked together. Our old chats. And I used to carry his handkerchief he left at my home , everywhere. It was a constant thing in my bag. When I miss him , I hold it in my hand.