19. HOMECOMING

Mumbai

She took the phone and looked at the screen casual, It was written
"Virat ❤️"

She jumped off the bed and was shocked to see his name on the screen. Her eyes could not believe it.
She picked it immediately and did not initiate the call, she didn't wanted to be too excited.

"Hello..hello Anu?" Virat asked as he didn't hear anything.

"Virat?" Anushka whispered under her breath, unable to believe the voice she heard.

Her eyes were filled with tears. She felt alive again, the voice she was yearning to hear for so long, was finally ringing on her ears.

"Anu.. can you hear me?"

"Virat..kahaan ho tum" she started sobbing at the call.

"Anu... I'm sorry, Please don't cry. I'm in a village called angovil in Madagascar..." He narrated the whole story to her.

"Bub..wait, I'll come there. Tum theek ho na" she said weeping.

"No Anu, I'm quite weak. And don't come here. You please inform the board, they'll contact the embassy and arrange for my flight. I don't have anything with me" he said.

"Babe..come fast, I can't wait." She said weeping.

"See you .." Virat kept the call.

Anushka went infront of the mirror and wiped her tears , with a smile on her face. She hurried outside and informed everyone.

They were all jumping in joy with surprised reaction. Some had tears in their eyes. Virat's brother soon informed the board.

The news was spread like wildfire in media. Everyone was happy and it was evident how much he meant to the people. All were waiting for his homecoming.

The board arranged flight for him by coordinating with the embassies. And Virat was transferred to the hospital in Mumbai.

His family reached the hospital, Anushka rushed towards his room. He was under observation as she looked through the glass of the door.

 He was under observation as she looked through the glass of the door

The doctor came out of the room, "he's fine. Nothing serious. But he's quite weak at the moment. Too much saline content is found in his body as he had consumed sea water. And he has couple of wounds as well. Healing is taking time because he hasn't had much food. Once he starts having proper food, he'll be fine"

"Can we meet him?" Anushka asked restlessly.

"Ya you can. But Make sure he doesn't walk much or use his wounded hands" the doctor left.

Anushka and their families went inside to check on him. He looked quite thin. His bones were protruding on his cheeks, looked ill.

Virat's eyes were fixed on her. The face he was dying to see was finally infront of him. The pain in her face hurt him more than his wounds.