23. BIRTHDAY GONE WRONG

Sorry for the delay guys. I had a writer's block. And I was a bit busy, hope you guys enjoy this chapter.
Happy reading ❤️

Next day

It was a beautiful and much awaited morning. Anushka woke up earlier than usual and looked beside her. That was the most peaceful sight, the man she loves to the core was sleeping like a baby with his cheeks pressed on to the pillow. She slowly woke up without disturbing him. She gave a soft peck on his cheeks and whispered a happy birthday to him.

She got up and did her usual chores. By the time she completed her shower, Virat lazily woke up stretching his arms. When he looked at her, his sleep vanished. She was a blessing to his eyes.

He saw her sitting in front of the mirror and drying her hair which was still dripping because of the shower. He took a deep breath and wished for such a morning everyday. There was a warm smile on his face and god knows for how long he's been staring at her.

When she looked through the reflection, she spotted him staring at her with a smile. She tried to control her grin. Then after some moments she fake coughed , which brought him back to reality.

He almost forgot they were fighting. His smile instantly vanished and he turned to the other side. 'Virat what are you doing, don't give in this time easily' He mentally smacked himself.

" Virat, get ready by 5. The guest will be arriving by that time . And we'll cut the cake by 6, birthday boy" she turned back to look at him, but there was no reply.

She went near him and sat on the bed. He was facing the other side. She placed her hands on his arm. " Bub, are you still angry at me?"

"No" there was an instant reply.

" Then why are you not talking to me" she asked peeping on his face which he had hidden under the pillow.

"There's nothing to talk about" he said again in a cold tone. She thought it might be morning moodiness and didn't really think about it.

"Okay, Don't forget to wear the watch I gifted you. I'll be waiting" she said and left the room.

He was not really angry with her anymore. But was slightly annoyed by her actions yesterday, so he wanted to irritate her a little. She looked cute to him when she's irritated and frowns.

Evening

It was evening and the guests had started to arrive. Anushka was busy with her preparations and soon it was time to cut the cake. She was waiting for Virat to come out as he was taking longer than usual.

She thought she would go to the room and check on him. As she was going to the room he already stepped out and game down to the hall. She felt week on her knees.

He was wearing a white shirt and boy, he was looking sharp. Her heart skipped a beat. He was looking too fine for a birthday party. She gulped and was blushing with every step he took towards her.

He came so close to her and instantly turned right to greet others. He deliberately did that to tease her. She was well aware of that. She was absolutely sure he was coming towards her. She gasped at his annoying gesture. He was so busy talking to others, not even once he glanced at her, at least that's what she thought.