Dil Ka Khushi-Heartś Joy

The next day, Jay and Angelina meet at the park, where their conversation is matched by the tranquil sounds of quiet bird chirping and the rustle of leaves.

Angelina (gently): Jay,main aapase is baare mein baat karana chahta tha ki kal raat kya hua tha. Tum theek ho(I wanted to talk to you about what happened last night. Are you okay?)

Jay (nodding): Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks to you, Angel.

Angelina (smiling gratefully): Bas madad paakar khush hoon. Haalaanki, main jaana na chaahoongi ki jab Ajay ne aap ke khet par kaam karana shuru kiya to kya hua. Vah aapake parivaar se kaise juda? Kya usane dikhaaya ki vah Aisha se pyaar karati thi(just happy to be of help. However, I would like to know what happened once Ajay began to work on your farm. How did he connect with your family? Did he show that he loved Aisha?)

Jay pauses to collect his thoughts, the memories of that period of time returning to him with heartbreaking clarity.

Jay (reflectively): Jis kshan se Ajay ne khet par kaam karna shuru kiya, usane khud ko har kartavya mein itani sachchi nishtha ke saath laga diya. Vah keval ek kaaryakarta na rahakar hamaare parivaar ka abhin sadasy ban gaye(From the moment Ajay began working on the farm, he put himself into every duty with such genuine devotion. He became an integral member of our family rather than only a worker.)

Angelina (nodding attentively): That is amazing. Aisa prateet hoti hai ki vah vaastav mein aapamen se pratyek ki parwah karata hai(He appears to truly care about each and every one of you.)

Jay (smiling softly): Haan vah tha. Aur Aisha ke saath unaka rishta samay ke saath aur majboot hota gaya. Usane sukh aur dukh ke samay mein usake saath rahakar chote aur bade tareekon se apana pyaar dikhaaya(Yes, he did. And his relationship with Aisha only got stronger with time. He showed her his love in small and big ways by being there for her in her times of happiness and sadness.)

Angelina (intrigued): Aur kya Aisha bhi usake baare mein aisa hi mehsoos karati thi(And did Aisha feel the same way about him?)

13 years ago, 1978:

A mischievous worker who likes giving a hard time approaches Ajay as he works in the fields with a sly smirk.

Worker: Hey, Ajay!Main aapake liye kuch raatri bhoj laaya hoon(I brought you some dinner.)

Ajay (gratefully accepting the food): Thanks,yaar.Main isaka saraahana karata hoon(man. I appreciate it.)

Ajay had no idea that the worker has made a dish that is extremely hot and loaded with fiery chilies and peppers.

Ajay(takes a bite, then suddenly recoils): Whoa,vah... vah sachmuch spicy hai(that's... that's really spicy!)

Worker (chuckling): Aapake dinon ko mazedaar banaane ke liye bas ek choti si cheez, Ajay(Just a little something to spice up your days, Ajay!)

Ajay's agony increases with every bite, his cheeks flushed from fighting the intense heat.