Laksy-The Mission

The day of the wedding arrived, bringing with it a mixture of celebration and heavy hearts. In front of their family, Dev and Anika said their vows in a ceremony that represented a fresh start for them. With a sorrow-filled heart, Anna stood among people watching, hiding the agony that was close to breaking over, even as joyful cheers filled the air.

Dev (exchanging vows): Tum mera bhavishya aur vartman ho, Anika. Main aaj aapake jeevan mein aane vaale sabhi utaar-chadha avon mein aapaka samarthan karane ka vaada karata hoon(You are my future and my present, Anika. I promise to support you today through all the ups and downs life throws at you.)

Anika (smiling): Devji,aap meri aaraam aur meri taakat hain. Main bhavishya ke sabhi kshanon mein aapako sanjokar rakhane aur aapaka samarthan karane ka vaada karata hoon(You are my comfort and my strength. I promise to treasure and uphold you during all of the future moments.)

The couple was surrounded by the warmth of familial blessings as the ceremony continued. But every rite seemed like a sharp reminder of the past to Anna.

Anna (whispering to herself): Maine kabhi nahi sochi thi ki main yah din dekhoonga. Jis din Dev kisi aur ka ho jaata hai(I never thought I'd witness this day. The day Dev belongs to someone else)

Anna's heart ached more as the two of them completed the traditional rites and exchange of rings to formally seal their union. Tears filled her eyes, but she could not take her eyes off the sight of the man she had once considered her own, now bound to someone else.

 Tears filled her eyes, but she could not take her eyes off the sight of the man she had once considered her own, now bound to someone else

The occasion weighed heavy on Anna's shoulders in the silent aftermath of the wedding. She fled to a quiet location to escape the joyous turmoil, unable to control her overpowering feelings any longer. The truth of Dev's marriage to Anika hit her like a ton of bricks while tears poured down her cheeks.

Anna (whispering to herself): Maine kabhi nahi socha tha ki itani dard hoga. Use kisi aur se shaadi karate hue dekhana(I never thought it would hurt this much. Watching him marry someone else.)

Her phone buzzed to alert her to new messages, breaking the quiet around her. Anna hesitantly opened her phone to find an abundance of notifications and texts. Once an instrument of communication, the world of technology has transformed into an area for the open expression of feelings.

Message 1 (from Dev): Anna, I hope you understand. This is the right decision for both of us.

Message 2 (from Dev): Anna, you have to go on. I refuse to let the past control me in this life.

Every message appeared to be a dagger, piercing into Anna's already broken heart. Once gentle and endearing, the words now carried a burden of bitterness and detachment.

Message 3 (from Dev): I expected you to be mature about this. Don't make a scene. Accept it and move on.

Anna was more hurt by Dev's statements because of their brutality. The request for compassion turned into a heartless rejection, leaving Anna with more deep-cut injuries than she could have ever imagined.