Naafrat-Hatred

As the family struggled to deal with the unexpected change of events, the tension in the air grew. Motivated by a misguided bet, Aarti's friends chose to take advantage of the circumstance, further embarrassing an already awkward situation. Aarti hesitantly moved forward to accept the humiliating challenge, and the room became silent. "Aarti,chalo bhi! Aise naachen jaise aapane pahale kabhi nrty nahi kiya ho(come on! Dance as if you've never danced before!)" Driven by the weight of the circumstance and the strain of the bet, Aarti started dancing in a way that made the guests and family feel insecure. The room echoed with an uncomfortable mix of anxiety and judgment, instead of the sacred echoes of a wedding. Masoom whispers to Isha. "Yah ek nigtmare hai. Yah avishvasaneey hai ki vah aisa kar rahi hai(This is a nightmare. It's unbelievable that she's doing this.)" Isha is frowning. "Aarti Chachi,aap kya soch rahe hain(what are you thinking?)" Seeing his mother in pain, Dev experienced a wave of guilt and rage. The family looked at each other, divided between shame for them and worry for Aarti. Dev clenches his fists. "Enough! Mom, stop it!" Panic peaked as Aarti carried on with her awkward dance. Abruptly, Aarti passed out due to the overwhelming circumstances. When the room quieted down, Dev hurried over to his mother. "Mom!Kya kar daale(What have you done?!)" Even in the tense situation, Anna offered help. "Chalo usake liye paani lekar aaen. Hamen usaki bhalai sunishchit karani chaahiye(Let's go fetch water for her. We must ensure her well-being.)" The guests watched in startled silence as the family came together to support Aarti. When Aarti came to, she saw that everyone was looking at her worriedly. "Kya hua(What happened?)" Dev is concerned. "Mom,tum behosh ho gae. Kya tum theek ho(you passed out. Are you okay?)" As Aarti realized how serious her actions were and how they would affect her family, she had a mixture of sorrow and shame. "Mujhe yakeen nahi hai ki mujhe kya mila. Mujhe har kisi ke liye bahut khed hai(I'm not sure what got to me. I am so sorry everyone.)" 

As Anna and Dev came to terms with their forced union, there was a palpable sense of unease and tension in the room

As Anna and Dev came to terms with their forced union, there was a palpable sense of unease and tension in the room. For the newlyweds, the evening of their wedding—typically a time of intimacy and celebration—turned into a melancholy occasion. The uncomfortable stillness that enveloped their shared room as soon as they walked in revealed how strained Dev and Anna's relationship was. Unable to contain his fury, Dev spoke to Anna in a cold manner. "Main tumhaara chehara nahi dekhana chaahata. Bistar ke beech mein parda laga den. Ek hi chat ke neeche, hum ajanabi hain(I don't want to see your face. Put the curtain up in between the bed. Under the same roof, we are strangers.)" Despite being offended by the harsh words, Anna followed Dev's instructions. The room felt like a battlefield of opposing emotions, where the promise of love had once resided. Anna moved silently for the curtain, drawing a temporary partition between the beds. Their physical and mental separation served as a vivid reminder of the realities of their forced marriage. The atmosphere in the room was thick with unspoken grief and unresolved issues. "Mainne apane jeevan ki aisi kalpana nahi ki thi(This is not how I imagined my life.)" The room was heavy with the weight of unmet expectations and the pervasive grief that pervaded everything as they took up their individual positions. The curtain, which stood for their separation, hung there like a silent witness to the intricacies of a bond formed out of obligation rather than free will. The tense relationship between Dev and Anna continued in the days that followed, with a constant sense of tension in the air at all times. One day, when they were alone in the living room, the burden of their unsaid feelings got to be too much to handle. "Anna,mujhe nahi pata ki aap kaun sa khel khel rahe hain, lekin main isamen shaamil nahi hona chaahata. Yah jabaran shaadi sharmanaak hai, aur aap isaka hissa hain(I have no idea what game you are playing, but I don't want to be involved. This forced marriage is shameful, and you are part of it.)" Knowing that Dev was mocking her, Anna made an effort to remain calm. "Dev,yah meri pasand nahi thi; na hee yah tumhaara tha. Hum dono apane niyantran se baahar ki paristhitiyon ke shikaar hain(this was not my choice; neither was it yours. Both of us are victims of circumstances outside of our control.)" Dev is furious. "Mujhe apane jeevan mein tumhaari zaroorat nahi hai, peedit ho ya nahi. Aap n sabhi cheejon ki jeevit, saans leti hui yaad dilaate hain jo galat hui hain(I don't need you in my life, victim or not. You are a living, breathing reminder of all that has gone wrong.)" Anna felt her heart sink after hearing Dev's words pierce through the atmosphere. Though she'd thought time would heal the wounds of their situation, she could feel them getting deeper every day. "Dev,mujhe pata hai ki aap udaas hain. Haalaanki, main aapaka dushman nahi hoon. Hum sab milakar yah pata laga sakate hain ki isase kaise nipata jae(I know you're upset. I'm not your enemy, though. Together, we can figure out how to get through this.)" Dev is scornful. "Ek saath? Yahaan, koi "ek saath" nahi hai. Ek doosare ke liye hum kuch bhi nahi hain(Together? Here, there is no "together." To each other, we are nothing.)"