Mumbai Ke Liye Taiyaar

Being too lethargic to leave the pleasant room, Edward Kattadi was dozing off under his covers. He was the most popular man in his year and was about to begin his career after his graduation at Assumption College. He was the target of practically every girl's crush, and all the men longed to be friends with him. Irene, his older sister, was doing her morning prayers to Jesus at the same time downstairs.

 Irene, his older sister, was doing her morning prayers to Jesus at the same time downstairs

 "Nanma niranja mariye susthi. Karthaavu anngeodu koodeyundu. Sthreekalil ni anugrahikkappettavalaanu, ninte garbh falamaaya Eesho anugrahikkappettavalaanu(Hail Mary Full of Grace. The Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.)" 

Edward POV:

"Good day, champion! It's a good day today. You must have a party! 123 123 123456! Yeah!" While I slammed on the alarm clock, I protected my ears with my pillow. "God, my God! Why on earth is the alarm so grating? I hate it." Aaron hastily opens the door, waking me up with ice-cold water. "Chetta! Ente urakkathe ithrayum crooramaayi ningal kaikaaryam cheyyendathilla(You didn't have to treat my slumber with such brutality.)" Aaron displays the time while holding the clock. "Nooo! Innu enikku Mumbaiyilekkulla bassil kayaranam! Enthukondu chettan enne nerathe unarthaatthu(Today I have to board my bus to Mumbai! Why didn't you wake me earlier?)" Due to my question, he rolls his eyes in disbelief. "Innu naan ninne ethra thavana vilichennu ni krithyamaayi kettittundu. Manoharamaya swapnangal kaanunnathinidayil ni uranguka aayirunnu. Ni cheyyunna alla kaaryangalilum ningal ethra mathram bindaasum kaalathaamasavum alasathayum kaanikkunnu ennathinal, combaniyude directaraakunnathu enganeyennu enik ariyilla. Ni ezhunnettu lokam enthaanennu kaanendathundu! Njangal ningale valareyadhikam snehikkunnundengilum, ningal amithamaayi perumaarunna samayangalundu(You have heard of exactly how many times we have called you today. And you were falling asleep while having lovely dreams. Given how bindaaz, tardy, and sluggish you are in everything you do, I have no idea how you will manage to be the director of the company. You need to get up and see the world for what it is! Although we love you dearly, there are times when you are simply too much.)" 

As I frantically attempt to get dressed in the bathroom, I sigh

As I frantically attempt to get dressed in the bathroom, I sigh. I eat toast as I adjust my tie. Irene warns me, "You missed your morning prayers." "I know that. Pakshe ente yaathrayil Eesho ente koode undakum(But J will be beside me on my journey.)" Annama, my Amma suddenly noticed me running.