Revelation

When Dev and Anna arrived at Annama and John's Kochi home, there was a tangible mixture of expectation and shock in the air. Standing next to Anna was Dev, the Maharashtrian man who bore a striking resemblance to the late Edward, ready to confront Edward's family. Edward's father, John, opened the door first and was immediately taken aback by what he saw.

John (in Malayalam, eyes widening): Mone? Edward?

The thought that he was seeing his son again made his heart skip a beat. After gently correcting him, Anna introduced Dev as Dev Malhotra, an Edward lookalike with a remarkable similarity. After a while, John's excitement subsided and was replaced with a bittersweet acceptance of reality.

Anna (softly): Papa,Devane kandumuttuka. Thadichathum melinjathumaaya oru nalla suhruthaanu (meet Dev. He's been a good friend through thick and thin.)

Though a little disappointed by the realization, John welcomed Dev with open arms. Edward's siblings, Aaron and Irene, expressed mixed feelings when they noticed the startling resemblance.P

Aaron (whispering to Irene): Prethathe kaanunnathu pole. Pakshe athu avanalla(It's like seeing a ghost. But it's not him.)

Edward's mother, Annamma, was as shocked inside the home

Edward's mother, Annamma, was as shocked inside the home. She couldn't control her feelings when she saw Dev's almost strange resemblance.

Annamma (in Malayalam, tearfully): Edward,ente makan(my son!)

Gently clearing up any confusion, Anna described the special circumstances surrounding their situation. Annamma gave Dev a conflicted hug as she realized what was going on. The sight of someone who looked like her beloved son made her heart overflow with both delight and sorrow.

Annamma (embracing Dev):Tum bilkul usake jaise dikhate ho(You look so much like him.)

Knowing how deeply Annamma felt, Dev returned the hug, giving her a brief moment of time to feel at ease

Knowing how deeply Annamma felt, Dev returned the hug, giving her a brief moment of time to feel at ease. Bedridden from years of melancholy, Angelina was silent as she watched the spectacle from her room. A flash of familiarity flashed in her eyes as she beheld Dev as Edward.

Angelina (in a whisper): Uncle...

Dev gave Angelina a fist bump and an embrace, overjoyed by the connection and recognition. That small act revealed the special connection between them. Anna was extremely thankful that Dev was welcomed by Edward's family with such warmth as she watched the tearful reunion.