CHAPTER 30: DAHLIA

I CAN'T ASK FOR A BETTER VIEW

All six feet and three inches of Kieran stands on the balcony dressed only in a pair of black sweatpants. I'm momentarily mesmerized by the way the muscles in his back flex as he grips the balcony railing. The tattoos on his back ripple on his back with every movement.

He looks deep in thought and even though I haven't made a sound, I know he knows I'm awake. Even with the element of surprise out of the way, I find myself crawling out of bed and wrapping my arms around his waist from behind. Kieran turns around in my arms so we're now facing each other.

"Good morning." I place a kiss on his shoulder.

"Good morning Little Lamb." Kieran leans down and presses his lips to mine, giving me a sweet kiss. "How'd you sleep?"

"Like a baby. If I knew sex would get me a good night sleep I would've explored a long time ago." I giggled.

Something dark slashes across Kieran's face at my words. "Let me be clear Little Lamb. Get the idea of another man touching you out of your head right now because that's never happening. You're mine."
The comment was supposed to be a joke but it was obvious from his tone and the dark look in his eyes that he didn't find it funny. Something close to butterflies flutters in the pit of my stomach.

"You look like you were in deep thought a minute ago. Everything okay?" I ask, needing something else to focus on to distract me from the warm feeling creeping over my heart.

"Yeah, everything is fine." He smiles at me. "I was just thinking about all the things I want to do to you." Kieran tells me.

"Don't you mean all the things you want to do with me?" I arch a brow at him.

"That too." Kieran grins before he kisses me sweetly on the lips. When he pulls away, I'm the one smiling.

"I'm happy I decided to come." I admit.

"Me too. Imagine if you said no. I'd be waking up to this incredible view alone."

"I know," I sigh. "But I didn't, and I can't imagine anywhere else I'd rather be than right here, right now."

Kieran kisses the top of my head in response and I think maybe, just maybe he feels the same way.

Kieran orders us breakfast and afterwards we shower and Kieran gets ready for his day. Kieran dresses in his signature black suit and damn him, if he didn't look better and better every single time.

"Are you sure you're okay with staying in the hotel?" Kieran asks for the fifth time.

"Yes, I'm sure. I agreed to come on this trip knowing you have work to do; so I'm fine with staying in while you get your work done."

"Okay. Just call my cell if you need me." Kieran tells me.

"I will." I reassure him.

Kieran shakes his head, amused before he pulls me to him by the strings of my robe. "Hmm... What are the odds of you being like this when I come back?"

"Guess you'll just have to wait and see." I reply.

"Come with me?" He tries one more time. "I hate the idea of you staying here alone."

"I'll be fine." I push him towards the doors. "Go."

"I'll be back in time for dinner." Kieran promises. He proceeds to peck my lips before he's finally out the door.

Once Kieran is gone I head for the bathroom and get ready for my day as well. I'm drying off my hair with a towel when I hear a knock at the door.

I figure it must be Kieran who forgot his room key but when I open the door, two strangers fill the doorway.

"Can I help you?" I ask the two middle-aged women dressed in matching white uniforms. One is carrying what looks like a makeup bag while the other stands in front of a massage table.

"Are you Mrs. Diaz?"

"I-um- yes?"

"Mr. Diaz has set up a spa treatment for you." One of the women answers.

"Did he now?"

"Yes. May we come in?"

"Yes, of course." I step out of the way and open the door wider for them to enter. While they're setting up, I sneak back into the bathroom and make a call.
"Mrs. Diaz?" I say when he answers the phone.

Kieran chuckles. "I see you got my surprise."

"Did you tell those ladies we're married?" I ask.

"No. But you have to admit that it does have a nice ring to it."

It does have a nice ring to it. Dahlia Harper-Diaz

"I told you I was fine just staying in watching movies and working on my sketches." I remind him instead of admitting to anything.

"I know but I wanted to do something nice for you."
"You spoil me you know?"

"Not nearly as much as you deserve," Kieran replies. "I gotta go. Relax and enjoy everything. I'll see you later."

"Bye." I hang up, clutching my phone to my heart, wondering how the hell did I get this lucky. It takes me a minute to wipe the stupid smile off my face and when I'm composed, I walk back out to the room where my surprise awaits.

Kieran ordered me the works; full-body massage, manicure/pedicure, and a facial. Everything was all so perfect and when it was all over I thanked the ladies before taking a nap.

The rest of the day seemed to blur after I woke up. I ordered lunch, worked on a sketch, and just when my fingers felt like they were starting to cramp I received a text from Kieran telling me to get ready for dinner.

"I've heard about this place," I say as we walk up to the glossy, tall building that makes up one of the finest restaurants in Miami.

"This is one of my favorite restaurants in the city." Kieran admits. "We're not eating in there though." He tells me once he sees my expression.

"Where are we eating then?"

Instead of answering, Kieran leads us inside the restaurant and over to the maitre'd. The two of them speak in low tones before the tall, slender man finds someone to take his place and he grabs two menus then motions for Kieran and I to follow him.

We're led through the restaurant and past whispering patrons until he stops in front of an elevator and presses the Up button. The three of us pile onto the elevator and when my curiosity gets the best of me I ask Kieran what's going on he kisses my temple and says nothing.

It seems like forever before the elevators come to a stop. When the door opens, I'm staring at the night sky. The maitre'd leads us off the elevator and across the roof where a beautiful and romantic table for two is set up.

"I'll take it from here." Kieran thanks the maitre'd before he takes the menus out of his hand and sets them down on the table.

"Did you have something to do with this or does the roof always look like this?"

"This was set up per Mr. Diaz request." The maitre'd answers.

"Thank you." I mutter as Kieran pulls out my seat for me. Once I'm seated, Kieran takes a seat.

"What's the matter?" Kieran asks, picking up his menu.

"You know, I wasn't kidding when I said you spoil me."

"And I wasn't kidding when I said not as much as you deserve."

I shake my head before leaning over the table and kissing him. "Thank you."

"I was going to let you rest tonight, but you fucked that up wearing that dress." Kieran says to me and I laugh out loud before picking up my menu.